Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all -

Just wanted to share a quick anecdote with you on Kindle customer service!

This last Monday, my wife's Kindle stopped working properly. It would just stop responding to keyboard/button inputs and just sit there. If she plugged it in, then reset it, it would work until it went to sleep again.

So, Tuesday she called Kindle customer support - 866-321-8851 for those who don't have it handy already - and they gave her a no-problemo return (note: we bought our Kindles in January).

The best part? She had her new Kindle the next day! :)

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
829 Posts
Mike - I love Amazon customer service. I got my Kindle in June.  In July, I had an issue where it froze and would not respond to attemps to bring it back to life.  I called Amazon and they shipped a replacement OVERNIGHT.  I was amazed and thrilled. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
That's great, Mike. I just hate hearing these stories of how Kindles up and die, though....

L

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm wondering if it's a hit or miss with amazon customer support.  Some people say they get no satisfaction and others get great service.  I hope I get great service when I need it.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Teach142 said:
I'm wondering if it's a hit or miss with amazon customer support. Some people say they get no satisfaction and others get great service. I hope I get great service when I need it.
Every time I have called customer service, they have been incredibly nice and very helpful. They have answered my questions or solved the problem. I have zero complaints about their service.

L

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great story, and glad it worked out.

I had a good experience with CS too.  Bought my Kindle in April, it died in June.  It just suddenly had black lines across the screen, I hadn't dropped it or anything.  By then I couldn't find the box it came in, etc., but called CS and returned it anyway.

I too had a replacement in a day.  And for some reason they credited me for the first Kindle, then charged me for the replacement.  Amazingly, the price had gone down, so I actually made out in the deal.

Customer Service gets high marks from me :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts