Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just checking my shipping status, and now the Amazon page has the Kindle at 240,000 books instead of 230,000 books.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
And the number of books scheduled to be available on Feb 24 (sorting by publication date) seems MUCH larger than usual - coincidence with the K2 scheduled date?  Hope they don't crash when everyone starts ordering/downloading at once!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
They are stuffing the book pipeline with a huge number of public domain books that have been available elsewhere, and with a large number of short stories, which they seem to count as books.

Steve

·
Registered
339 Posts
stevene9 said:
They are stuffing the book pipeline with a huge number of public domain books that have been available elsewhere, and with a large number of short stories, which they seem to count as books.

Steve
Its all in the numbers!! Or so they think!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just now I looked in the Kindle store and sorted by price-high to low.  The highest price book is $41,916.00 and includes free wireless delivery.

It's Practical Variable Speed Drives and Power Electronics (Practical Professional Books) (Kindle Edition) by Malcolm Barnes (Author).

Good to know they didn't charge for the wireless delivery! LOL

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
LKE said:
Just now I looked in the Kindle store and sorted by price-high to low. The highest price book is $41,916.00 and includes free wireless delivery.

It's Practical Variable Speed Drives and Power Electronics (Practical Professional Books) (Kindle Edition) by Malcolm Barnes (Author).

LOL

·
Registered
339 Posts
LKE said:
Just now I looked in the Kindle store and sorted by price-high to low. The highest price book is $41,916.00 and includes free wireless delivery.

Must be a new addition. I'll wait until the price comes down when they issue the paperback! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I noticed the number change as well. Of course some of these may not be "books" as we know them, but I am sure Amazon counts each offerring because they are all ebooks no matter the size. I am just glad to see it growing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The bumped the number by 10,000 from that advertised just yesterday on the Kindle Store intro page. Now "240,000" - keep it climbing Mr. Bezos!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed that earlier.  As a test I kept the window open and a few hours later refreshed it, gained another 200+ from the total list.  Seems like they're amping it up.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
J3ffro said:
I noticed that earlier. As a test I kept the window open and a few hours later refreshed it, gained another 200+ from the total list. Seems like they're amping it up.
Yeh but it's all either 100 year old public domain stuff or short stories.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts