Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a question for NowNow and received an answer back that is has been discontinued.  Sigh....

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
vg said:
I finally had a question for NowNow and received an answer back that is has been discontinued. Sigh....
Look on the bright side - Maybe they'll have to give us a Kindle update to remove that option from the Experimental choices and at the same time they'll slip in some of the requests we've been sending in. (Can anyone say 'folders'?)
;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Yes, I just got the same message. Oh well, I had only used it once or twice so it won't kill me if it's not there anymore.

I swear it was Oprah that did it in. She spent more time raving about NowNow than she did talking about how to work the Kindle itself! And then one of the NowNow workers posted that they were totally overwhelmed with a backlog of questions after the show. Thanks, O!  :mad:

L

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jesslyn, I like how you think!
Vampyre,  NowNow was a service where you could ask any question and receive up to 3 answers back from real people who researched the internet.  Now, I have to live with the knowledge that I was not able to fully experience all that my Kindle was capable of - that'll teach me not to wait!  I'm now off to download some music....

G

·
Oprah is the devil's hand maiden.  Just before I was able to buy my Kindle, they were shipping out in 2-3 days.  After her evilness, it went to 2-3 weeks and delayed my Kindle's arrival.  She is evil! Now NowNow is no go because she overloaded them! Evil evil evil!!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It was Kimblee that made everyone at NowNow pull their hair out and quit, this was his post before
they all walked out:

I asked something to NowNow. I asked it a question I already knew the answer to, and got a response in 15 minutes, with more info than I asked for. (I rated it great). I then asked it a very obscure question about carborators in a Gremlin, and I have not gotten a response yet, and it's been over two hours.
Just kidding Kimblee and everyone. I just thought it was funny to read this this morning and now find out they Discontinued it. ;D

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
NowNow is now WasWas. . . or maybe GoneGone

I never used it anyway. . .guess I never will. . . . .oh well!

But, as someone else observed:  perhaps we'll soon get a software upgrade removing the NowNow option and adding a 'content organization system', aka FOLDERS

Ann

·
Registered
7 Posts
We saw your thread and I wanted to respond (I'm one of those people you guys liked to abuse on 'the other side'  ;) ;D).  We were just as blindsided as you are as the queue of questions was slowly dropping earlier today, then rapidly picked up in the past hour or two until they disappeared altogether.  We don't even have any idea what may have transpired to make them discontinue the service (we have ideas, but what finally was the straw that broke the camel's back we don't know).

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
catnapped said:
We saw your thread and I wanted to respond (I'm one of those people you guys liked to abuse on 'the other side' ;) ;D). We were just as blindsided as you are as the queue of questions was slowly dropping earlier today, then rapidly picked up in the past hour or two until they disappeared altogether. We don't even have any idea what may have transpired to make them discontinue the service (we have ideas, but what finally was the straw that broke the camel's back we don't know).
Thanks for your response catnapped. We have many members that use nownow.

G

·
Catnapper, while you're here, "Why is the sky blue?"  Just kiding. 

Do all those people that answered the question lose their jobs or do they have other things to do?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Greetings, Catnapped, and thanks for letting us know about your experience with the cancellation.

Do you think there's any chance they might bring it back as a pay per use, or subscription, service?  Say, 10 to 25 cents per question?  Or 49 to 99 cents per month?  That would get rid of the folks just goofin' 'round and would still leave the service available for those folks that seriously want to use NowNow.  I for one would be willing to pay a small fee to use, or have access to, the NowNow service.

Regards,
Alexia

1 - 20 of 66 Posts