Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, guys! One of my buddies is doing an anthology and he wants a story from...moi! So I thought I'd ask for suggestions--anything in Alterra--anything at all! You want a story about it? Suggest it now! If I use your suggestion, you'll get a free copy of the anthology!

:D :D :D

Let your imaginations run wild!!

· Registered
67 Posts
I think it's really interesting to see all of the folks on Facebook wanting stories of the tattoo artist from Fire-heart hiding out in the southland. And of course I'm thrilled that it has sparked yet another novella for the Alterra Histories.

I still maintain that I want to know more about Ri-Elethan!

· Registered
67 Posts
I've been busted! Yes that's the real reason I rearranged by office so that I could just look up and see the poster of him on the wall instead of having to turn my head!

· Registered
67 Posts
*mind wanders to bad places* that would be awesome to have Hope do a special illustration, but the one I have quite alright by me.

· Registered
571 Posts
There are many suggestions, but there are few that are off the beaten path of the obvious.  I think a story that is not so obvious can be an entirely blank canvas to draw from instead of a canvas that already has some light sketches and merely need pieces filling in the spaces.

Sooooo, here are a few ideas:
- Gaelen and Nelwyn as the equivalent of teens growing up and getting into trouble with their other elf buddies; surely there are life-changing events that happened as they slowly grew up
- More on Lady Ordath...she is somewhat of a side character, but powerful, rich in depth of a character and threaded throughout
- Gaelen captures the hearts of people in every book by singing, but we don't know anything about her singing and are left to determine she just has a nice voice.  Is that it, or is there something in her line that is like the Sirens of the Sea?  Musician that you are, you could even add a could of original pieces to the story at the end (with notes/chords, or course  ;))

Whatever you come up with will no doubt be fabulous!  I can't wait to read it!

· Registered
67 Posts
Brew, those are all awesome suggestions. Archer has chosen a story, but she won't tell me what it was:(

· Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brew and Nancy:

Yes, those are GREAT ideas. I would love to explore Ordath, and I have already explored Gaelen's singing ability. She has more than just a fine voice, though she doesn't realize it (yet).

The story I have chosen, if I can pull it off, will be a good 'un.  :)

· Registered
67 Posts
I've read the short story that Archer decided on and Holy Smokes it is amazing!!! I can't wait until she shares it with everyone!

· Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Buehler?

::)

If you would like a copy of Fallen Embers, I have them!
It should be up on Kindle, though...IF I can convince my agent to let me e-pub it.

New Fire-heart is coming along, too. Been working very hard on it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.