Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
It makes me nervous to even look at it. What if I accidentally hit the "buy it now" button? Yikes!

L

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Ya had ta get me curious. 

Nuclear Energy is ranked 128,460 in sales.  I don't get it.  Silicon Germanium Materials & Devices - A Market & Technology Overview to 2006 is only ranked 152,171 in sales.  Yet Silicon Germanium Materials & Devices is a bargin at only $3,248.00 (which includes wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet).  I'm sure they are equally fascinating reads.

It must be those 5 star reviews Nuclear Energy is getting.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have this on my Kindle.

A true bargain at only $9.99. I don't pretend to understand it in more than a vague theoretical sense but it's fun to browse. :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Go back a read the reviews, they are hysterically funny.  I particularly like one that says he bought bought by mistake with one click.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Vampyre said:
Has anyone tried a sample of the nuke book?
I just did. . .let's see what it says. . . .

O.K. first half of the sample is authors and toc. . .thru location 476

It's very technical. Formatting is good and there are a bunch of mathematical equations with lots of non-alphanumeric symbols as well as graphs. Total of 979 locations. Last sentence of the sample says ". . . a relatively small mass of U-235 is sufficient to make the reactor critical ( around 4 kg). Did I mention it's pretty technical. That might be the only sentence in English. :)

I think I'll keep the sample just to show folks how such things are rendered.

Ann

·
Registered
385 Posts
pstanton said:
Nuclear Energy

Enough said, does anyone here think ANYONE has EVER bought this book?
lol! I almost want to sign up as another ID called US Government and leave a review..."We bought several copies, I mean, hey, we've paid more for toilet seats, so this purchase was a no sweat off the taxpayers our brow."

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If it tells me how to start my own nuclear power plant it would pay for itself.  Just think no more electric bills!  The neighbors might object to a nuclear plant  to it in the back yard though.  I'll just put it in the shed with the lawn mower and the tools, the way they won't know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts