Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to customize this?

Not a huge deal, but I like to pick a larger number, so there is less need to click on a 'next page' in order to view most threads

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
There is not a way to change this personally - - although it is something I can change for the board overall. Our default right now is 15 - which is kind of a compromise between speed of page-loading, and convenience.

We could try increasing it to 20, and hope it doesn't impact our dial-up members too much...!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was just in search of this feature.  I too, would like to be able to see more posts per page. 

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...it turns out I am a huge liar.

the fact that (in most of the threads that I read) I've got to find that little 'page number' in the bottom left ...probably multiple times in a good thread... is actually wildly irritating to me. There's just no quick way to do it.

this might be because it's so late & I cant sleep & my alarm goes off for work in 3.5 hours, or it might not.

I'm one of those people that sets google search to display 100 results so I dont have to go paging around to find what im looking for, so it's possible im really different than everyone else.

OK - going to try going to sleep again. night :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jack-O, I do the same thing.  When I am on Ebay, I always change to display 200 posts on a page. 

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Two tips that might help you all--

You can change your profile so that newest posts are displayed first.  Go to Profile, at the top of the page, then select "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left, then check Show most recent posts at the top. and click Change Profile. 

And you can use the "Show unread posts since last visit," by your avatar at the top of each page, to show you which threads have new posts. Or the "Show new replies to your posts." to see which threads have replies to your posts.  If, you then click on the little "new" icon on a thread, KBoards will start you at the first unread post, and you won't have to scroll through them all, you can just scroll up (or down) depending on your profile setting.  Since I am on Kindleboards fairly often, I rarely have more than a page to look at.  (Obviously if you want to catch up on all the earlier posts, this won't work, but eventually you'll be where you only have about a page to read.)  (And I'm one of the "Show All" on product websites, too!)

Hope this helps!

Betsy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks, I have been using the show unread posts feature.  I love that.  I also click on the "new" icon which eliminates scrolling through what I have already read.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree - what about the illitir....the illiteray....

what about the people that can't count? Surely, someone will stand up for them?

p.s. Much <3 to the admin staff.....gracias for expanding to 20. I look forward to the day we can get to 50 :-*

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Shhhhh!  I liked it fine the way it was.  I scroll back to the top to home page a lot.  Don't really like pages that go on forever.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now, if we could only find me a keyboard with a 'give me 100 replies per page' button, then I'd be well contented.

well, I'd be contented.

OK - I'd find something else to bitch about, but leave me alone about it, will you? I'm just a man. I have flaws.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Jack C said:
Now, if we could only find me a keyboard with a 'give me 100 replies per page' button, then I'd be well contented.

well, I'd be contented.

OK - I'd find something else to bitch about, but leave me alone about it, will you? I'm just a man. I have flaws.
You've done a great disservice to the other men on this board with the "I'm just a man. I have flaws" remark. I have no flaws.... No really. None ::)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts