Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey! You just beat me to it! I was about to  post that same article.

I am shocked, however, that they put a major typo in one caption: They spelled "its" as "it's" in the caption that says "Sony has a campaign at Grand Central Station to promote the Sony Reader, it's digital book."

Shame on you, NYT!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would be surprised - amazed actually as to how often I come across that misuse of the apostrophe showing possession but actually it reads as a contraction.  I spend a large part of my day researching legal briefs and legal papers published and I see it all the time.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
We have two threads on the same topic, I am going to merge them together.

Thanks!

Leslie

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks for the post - I would not have seen it otherwise!  My boss tells me TIME just had an article about the Kindle too.  :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Can you see those people who are getting Sony Readers for Christmas?

"oh! I think I know what it is. This is going to be the greatest thing I've ever gotten. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....huh?" ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I started at the quote from Mary Ann Van Hengel who I thought might be our own Ann Von Hagel, but alas, no.

Interesting overview, though.

L

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I coulndn't help but laugh at the part of the article that tells about the woman who ranted against the ereaders....then got a kindle & loved it.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
Leslie said:
I started at the quote from Mary Ann Van Hengel who I thought might be our own Ann Von Hagel, but alas, no.

L
I actually did a double take on that myself. . .and I knew it wasn't me!

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Pat,

Thanks for this post! I remembered we had a thread on this topic from a few days ago but it sunk down, so I merged these together. Everyone, this article is very interesting and well worth reading.

L

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Kindle was mentioned several times this a.m. by Elizabeth Vargas (her and her husband got them for Christmas and had questions) and I waited around to see what she would ask the tech lady but they never got around to it.

Sooooo, I emaled her and gave her this website ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just was on Amazon (well, have been on all day!)...but the Danielle Steel books are now on Amazon.  I've been looking around a lot of other stuff today...so not sure when it popped on the site!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts