Kindle Forum banner

NYT article about E-books

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Leslie 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hey! You just beat me to it! I was about to  post that same article.

I am shocked, however, that they put a major typo in one caption: They spelled "its" as "it's" in the caption that says "Sony has a campaign at Grand Central Station to promote the Sony Reader, it's digital book."

Shame on you, NYT!

#5 ·
You would be surprised - amazed actually as to how often I come across that misuse of the apostrophe showing possession but actually it reads as a contraction.  I spend a large part of my day researching legal briefs and legal papers published and I see it all the time.

#9 ·
Can you see those people who are getting Sony Readers for Christmas?

"oh! I think I know what it is. This is going to be the greatest thing I've ever gotten. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....huh?" ;D

#19 ·
The Kindle was mentioned several times this a.m. by Elizabeth Vargas (her and her husband got them for Christmas and had questions) and I waited around to see what she would ask the tech lady but they never got around to it.

Sooooo, I emaled her and gave her this website ;)

#21 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
I actually did a double take on that myself. . .and I knew it wasn't me!

Ann
When I first heard about e-readers I thought no way, uh-uh, not me. I have to read onscreen to do my editing and handle email and stuff, but read books for pleasure? Not going to happen I said. Which only goes to show you I should learn to shut up while I'm still ahead. Now I want a Kindle, since I've heard so much good about them. Wah, I want one. I want one.

And I can't afford one. At least not until I sell enough books to make it possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.