Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine is due Saturday and if it comes in like that I will not be concerned.

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
I have nothing to compare to, but, from the picture, I don't see anything that would alarm me.

Sorry .... probably not much help. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it is definitely a help. I can get a bit OCD about things sometimes. It isn't really off by much but it is just a bit different than the other corners and how they line up. But it seems from going through the reviews on amazon and looking at some of the pictures there are some tolerances in how the screen lines up and sits in the outer case. I do think it should be a little bit better with the cost of these but it isn't horrible.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Ok, I had to get to a light source. When I hold mine with buttons on the right, the top right corner has a slightly larger gap than say the other ones on left. A bit like your pics. I don't think that is in any way a issue. I think its the way they put the metal frame around the corners. I had to squint really hard. But I get you, I did the exact same thing when I first got mine. First with the original one and than again with the warm light one. They all had that same top right corner with a wee bit of a bigger gap. I can say that its firm, there is no squishing or bounding, all solid together. Still to this day.

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
As an addendum to my previous comment .... if it doesn't seem firmly attached, even if it LOOKS o.k. that WOULD be a problem. So as long as it feels solid, I wouldn't worry about it. But I do get your concern. :)

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I do not see a gap in your photo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts