Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Patricia said:
Has anyone bought a Decal Girl skin for the Oasis yet? I'm thinking of just putting one on the back, but I was wondering if anyone had bought one and could post a photo.
I've ordered one, but haven't received it yet. I haven't decided whether I'll use it on the front or not. Will have to see what it looks like in person. But from the picture online I probably will use it. I've always liked this one, and with the walnut cover I thought this would look good on the back.
http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/305419/amazon-kindle-oasis-skin-dark-burlwood

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I note that they have a special deal through the 12th 13th on a banner on their website: 25% off with the code SPRING25

Betsy

(I'm sure it said 12th yesterday, but it says 13th today.)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I note that they have a special deal through the 12th 13th on a banner on their website: 25% off with the code SPRING25

Betsy
LOL - of course they do. I did get free shipping when I ordered though - probably close to the same thing.

Just got the email that mine has shipped. :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I'd be interested to know if you skin the back, does it make it more slippery? Right now it's kind of grippy. It's been a while since I skinned a kindle and I can't remember how slippery the matte skins are.  I guess I never skinned the back before because I had them in covers, so I have no idea how it grippy it is. 

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have a skin on my PW2 and I read it without a cover for a couple of years. Never had a problem with it being slippery. I do get the matte finish on my skins, but I don't think that makes a difference as far as the slippery factor goes. 

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
I ordered mine today. It's probably a little more purple than really goes with the Walnut case, but I wanted it anyway. I figure the left side that will be visible on the back has some brownish tones in it and I've had this design on a tablet before so I know that rotating it won't annoy me since I technically read with the Oasis upside-down.

https://www.decalgirl.com/artwork/2842/purple-rain/AKOA

·
Registered
322 Posts
I ordered one earlier this week... it will probably get here before my Oasis  :)

I have the matte right now on my PW.  It's not slippery, but not as "grippy" as the glossy, from what I remember.  I actually like the feel of it better than the glossy finish.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Andra said:
I ordered mine today. It's probably a little more purple than really goes with the Walnut case, but I wanted it anyway. I figure the left side that will be visible on the back has some brownish tones in it and I've had this design on a tablet before so I know that rotating it won't annoy me since I technically read with the Oasis upside-down.

Beautiful. I love the purple. Can't wait to hear the skins work on the Oasis. I'm considering getting one. I always had them for my K1, K2 and Kindle Keyboard. Since then I haven't used them.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Andra said:

That's a good point about being sure it'll be good when rotated!

I've gotten skins by that artist before, I like her work.

I decided to use the SPRING25 and some rewards points I didn't know I had to order a custom skin based on one of my quilts, which I've been wanting to do for some time:
https://www.decalgirl.com/make/2006192/1501/aspens-2#.VzOwK8vjVJ8.link

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
That's beautiful, Betsy!  After I'd ordered my skin I found a pic of one I'd designed but never ordered. Ah well. Next time! 

·
Registered
160 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
That's a good point about being sure it'll be good when rotated!

I've gotten skins by that artist before, I like her work.

I decided to use the SPRING25 and some rewards points I didn't know I had to order a custom skin based on one of my quilts, which I've been wanting to do for some time:
https://www.decalgirl.com/make/2006192/1501/aspens-2#.VzOwK8vjVJ8.link

Betsy
Beautiful skin!!! I ordered a couple & got them today. I put one on & I LOVE it! I don't know how to put a pic on here though.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Eilene said:
Beautiful skin!!! I ordered a couple & got them today. I put one on & I LOVE it! I don't know how to put a pic on here though.
You need to store the picture online somewhere, like Photobucket or Facebook (depending on your privacy settings) and then copy the direct link to the photo. Then, tap on the IMG icon, 2d from the left above the smileys
and paste the link between them.

Or, if you are using Tapatalk, you can upload the image within Tapatalk.

Betsy

·
Registered
160 Posts
Got it!! Thanks Betsy! I signed up with Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Awesome!  It looks so good!  The cover contacts fine with the Oasis with the skin on? I've had one occasion where I had to reseat mine to get the battery readings, so I was concerned that the skin might make a difference.

Using Tapatalk is the easiest way I've found to post pics here as they store them for you and I can upload directly from my phone.  One step, easy-peasy.  Glad it worked for you!

Thanks for sharing the pics (and love your counter top--it makes a great background!)

Betsy

·
Registered
160 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Awesome! It looks so good! The cover contacts fine with the Oasis with the skin on? I've had one occasion where I had to reseat mine to get the battery readings, so I was concerned that the skin might make a difference.

Using Tapatalk is the easiest way I've found to post pics here as they store them for you and I can upload directly from my phone. One step, easy-peasy. Glad it worked for you!

Thanks for sharing the pics (and love your counter top--it makes a great background!)

Betsy
I haven't had any problems with the cover and the skin. I always have had a skin on all my kindles & this was no exception. When I saw this one I thought it was so pretty & blended well with the Walnut cover. I LOVE my Oasis (Artfool Ei)!!!
Thanks! I just realized that my Oasis blends in with my countertop! :)
Tapatalk made it sooo easy to post these pics! Thanks again...

1 - 20 of 127 Posts