Kindle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts

This is the weathered wood and walnut cover on the oasis. I was not going to skin the front but decided I like the lack of fingerprints. I also like how the buttons sort of blend in to the wood grain.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
kerrycrow said:

This is the weathered wood and nutmeg cover on the oasis. I was not going to skin the front but decided I like the lack of fingerprints. I also like how the button sort of blend in to the wood grain.
Beautiful. It really looks nice with Walnut.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
kerrycrow said:

This is the weathered wood and walnut cover on the oasis. I was not going to skin the front but decided I like the lack of fingerprints. I also like how the buttons sort of blend in to the wood grain.
That's gorgeous, Kerry!

Betsy

·
Registered
97 Posts
They are all so pretty.  I love Flamingo Sunset.  I have used it with several devices.  It is currently on my iPad mini.  I heard back from DecalGirl yesterday on my skin.  She if there was no movement today she would ship another one.  I checked this morning, and after sitting in Delaware for 6 days, it arrived in Philadelphia early this morning.  The estimated delivery date is now Thursday. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Jen200 said:
They are all so pretty. I love Flamingo Sunset. I have used it with several devices. It is currently on my iPad mini. I heard back from DecalGirl yesterday on my skin. She if there was no movement today she would ship another one. I checked this morning, and after sitting in Delaware for 6 days, it arrived in Philadelphia early this morning. The estimated delivery date is now Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yay, Jen! *keeps fingers crossed*

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I like the way that they are changing the designs so the front and back are not just identical pictures.  As the Kindles get smaller, it's harder to have the same picture on the front and have it make sense.  They are paying attention to the parts that will actually show.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Andra said:
I like the way that they are changing the designs so the front and back are not just identical pictures. As the Kindles get smaller, it's harder to have the same picture on the front and have it make sense. They are paying attention to the parts that will actually show.
I agree! I'm going to think about that if I do another custom one. I did, with mine, change the part that was visible to have a tree trunk go up the side with the buttons so that the black buttons would blend in a bit with the black and gray Aspen trunks.

Betsy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Really enjoying these pictures.  I have not put a skin on a Kindle for years.  For some reason, the Oasis "wanted" one, lol.  I just realized Betsy's is a custom skin from her own quilt.  That is super cool.  I do paper collage and now I'm thinking maybe I'll do my own skin sometime....

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
kerrycrow said:
Really enjoying these pictures. I have not put a skin on a Kindle for years. For some reason, the Oasis "wanted" one, lol. I just realized Betsy's is a custom skin from her own quilt. That is super cool. I do paper collage and now I'm thinking maybe I'll do my own skin sometime....
Do it!!!

I also hadn't put a skin on in years. The fact that this is literally the first Kindle I've used without it being in the case (much) led me to order a skin for protection. And, back when I was ordering skins, I had thought of doing a custom one with one of my quilts but had never gotten around to it. So it was kind of a natural.

Would love to see your skin, Kerry!

Betsy

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Here's mine. Sorry about the lighting. I have all the overhead fluorescent bulbs above my cube removed from the fixtures so it's pretty dark in here.
The third picture shows the way that I hold the Oasis when reading. I don't think it clashes with the Walnut cover nearly as bad as the Purple Lacquer skin that was my second first choice.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
That's lovely, Andra!  I've gotten skins by that artist.  In fact, I might still have one unused one for one of my devices. :D

I don't think it clashes at all with the Walnut.

Betsy

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
The one I had on my very first tablet was this Purple Rain, but it was before the matte was an option and I think the colors were a little brighter.  But I definitely prefer the matte finish.  It seems to make it less slippery and easier to hold.

·
Registered
864 Posts
For anyone who is interested the DecalGirl 25% discount coupon code winterblues still works. I just used it successfully for the Oasis skin by Thomas Kinkade Conquering Storms.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thank you thank you for all of the great pictures!  Andra, what is your Oasis sitting on?

My Decal girl skin came yesterday, and it is so pretty.  I'm so impressed with it... love it.
I'd post a picture, but I still don't actually have my Oasis yet, lol.  Two more weeks...

My first thought when I opened the package was, dang the Oasis is tiny!  :D

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Sunshine22 said:
Thank you thank you for all of the great pictures! Andra, what is your Oasis sitting on?
It is an iKross tablet stand that I keep at the office. I checked and it looks like they only sell the tiny phone stands now. But there may be something similar in another brand.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts