Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Susan in VA said:
I can't believe the pettiness in those complaints. A small business has every right to treat favored customers a little differently, and testing new styles in limited production is just common sense. And not only does that person decide that not getting her ideal choice of cover is worth throwing a hissy fit over, she then proceeds to spend what must have been hours on the topic. Must be nice not to have any real problems.

edit: Sorry, I'm a little crabby. Reached my limit of tolerance of whininess for the day.
I totally understand. *Whines to self* ;)

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Patrizia said:
LOL.. I wouldn't say we were kissing cousins but in the past she for some reason has made some comments towards me.. which I indicated. I admit I would rather keep the peace then not.. I dont have anything personal against her I am just sick of the attacks.

I talked to Don about this and you all saw my response to it. The boards over there seem to have become more and more hostile which is why I like this place.. I just dont see the need for petty personal discussions that are hurtful and pointless.

Anyway it is what it is, and Oberon stands by it.. I am finding people who whine are always going to find a way.

I also think that we all have different styles of communicating and some click and others don't. Inflection is so hard on a board, I tend to be business like.. some people see that as rude on that board and it was taken wrong. So I think it helps to realize what may come off as snide really is not meant to be.

I love that we seem not have that issue here... Love this board... and the more time I spend in that environment the more I appreciate you guys
I read the posts...and think you are great! You did an awesome job!

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Some of the endless rants on other sites (not specifically referring to the Amazon kerfluffle) would probably have stopped after the first exchange if it had been verbal, accompanied by facial expressions and such. Online communication is so easy to misunderstand.

Although for years I used to dislike using cutesy emoticons in every second sentence, I find myself doing it far more often now just to make absolutely sure that neutral-but-blunt statements are not taken as aggression, or that sarcasm is not taken literally.
Next I'll be drawing hearts over my i's. ;D
Me too :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.