Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10,010 Posts
I can't believe the pettiness in those complaints. A small business has every right to treat favored customers a little differently, and testing new styles in limited production is just common sense. And not only does that person decide that not getting her ideal choice of cover is worth throwing a hissy fit over, she then proceeds to spend what must have been hours on the topic. Must be nice not to have any real problems.

edit: Sorry, I'm a little crabby. Reached my limit of tolerance of whininess for the day.

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Xina said:
Wow -- it's not even directed at me & yet what a bummer it is to read your post Susan in VA. Now I'm crabby too. :mad:
So sorry, Xina, that was not my intent. I should know better than to read posts on other, less-civil sites, they just annoy me. And if there are too many of those in one day, eventually I turn green and my shirt tears and get somewhat less diplomatic myself. My crabbiness was not directed at anyone on KB.

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Googlegirl said:
Why should how much a person has spent in the past determine if they get a custom order?
Leaving aside the question of whether or not it is convenient or financially sound for them to produce custom orders, it is perfectly normal for a small business to treat its best customers preferentially. Most small businesses will do so. Restaurants will bring a free dessert, hairdressers will give you an appointment before or after normal opening hours, an antique shop will call you if something really special comes in -- IF you've been one of their best clients in the past. It's just good business practice.

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
There are actually people out there who (gasp!) don't like Oberons....that's okay too.
Maybe they're just holding out for you to quilt them a cover! :D
(Custom-made, of course.)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Betsy the Quilter said:
It's late, let's let this thread die a natural death and go back to discussing the world's worst songs. Muskrat love, anyone? ;D
<sigh> I wish I had Photoshop. I'd post a picture of Hugh holding a muskrat.

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
It was the late night slings and arrows that were happening that I was trying to address.
I'll take that as (at least partially) directed at me, and I apologize. It had been a long day.

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Made even longer by a sick kid, I'm sure!

All I'll say is that there were several people engaging last night. ;D I'm glad it settled down.

Did you ever get your paper done?

Betsy
That paper is done, yes. Several more to go. Everything's due at once when the semester is about to end...

The formerly sick kid is happy to be back at school! And yes, there's a chance that that contributed, though she's pretty easygoing even when sick, which happens rarely. Looking back, I think it was a different root cause -- elsewhere, somebody YELLED AT ME FOR MULTIPLE PARAGRAPHS without bothering to actually read any of the posts in the thread, and instead of saying what I really thought, I took a deep breath and answered politely. Later it nagged at me. Alas, the older I get, the less patience I have...

But it's a new day, and there's bread dough rising in the kitchen, and the birds are singing... :D

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Patrizia said:
I also think that we all have different styles of communicating and some click and others don't. Inflection is so hard on a board, I tend to be business like.. some people see that as rude on that board and it was taken wrong. So I think it helps to realize what may come off as snide really is not meant to be.
Some of the endless rants on other sites (not specifically referring to the Amazon kerfluffle) would probably have stopped after the first exchange if it had been verbal, accompanied by facial expressions and such. Online communication is so easy to misunderstand.

Although for years I used to dislike using cutesy emoticons in every second sentence, I find myself doing it far more often now just to make absolutely sure that neutral-but-blunt statements are not taken as aggression, or that sarcasm is not taken literally.
Next I'll be drawing hearts over my i's. ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.