Kindle Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1,105 Posts
NeverSleeps

thank you for the kind words.. I just wanted it to end on a pleasant note.. but I can't take all the credit, she was willing to meet me halfway.  But that board is getting nastier and I have to tell you now with the combining and all the DX whining its not going to get better anytime soon.

Susan

I totally agree.. things that would be squashed or edited in real life seem to be fair game on the net.  Icons help but sometimes people want ot keep things going for whatever reason.  Maybe its a bright spot in a dull day.. LOL. who knows what drives people

· Registered
603 Posts
Oh my gosh!  I just reread my original post in Oberon covers, which is prettiest thread and nowhere did I say it was a custom cover.  I don't feel at all bad now...somewhere along the line someone got the idea that I presented this incorrectly, but when you look at the original post, I quote my email from Oberon with the reasoning behind them sending me the cover.  It is clearly stated in there that they would be offering it in the fall and again, nowhere does it say custom.

Gee...this all seems like a huge case of symantics (sp?) to me.

Patrizia - I have the utmost respect for what you do for a living.  I could never in a million years do it... ;D

· Registered
216 Posts
Pawlaw, your cover and Patrizia's cover I don't think were ever the ones in question.
IIRC, there is a wine cover ( don't remember the pattern) and a saddle Hokusai wave that have been noted as being "custom". No other disclaimer on those that I have read.

I have no problem with Patrizia's gift. That's what it was. Yours obviously was considered a "tester".

· Registered
603 Posts
Googlegirl said:
Pawlaw, your cover and Patrizia's cover I don't think were ever the ones in question.
IIRC, there is a wine cover ( don't remember the pattern) and a saddle Hokusai wave that have been noted as being "custom". No other disclaimer on those that I have read.

I have no problem with Patrizia's gift. That's what it was. Yours obviously was considered a "tester".
Really? Oh good...the last thing I want to do is offend someone or cause frustration. :)

· Registered
6,006 Posts
The Dragon Roost was in Wine.

I have to admit, I don't get why they can't make a note that these people want a Sun in Purple (Yes that is what I want). When they make a batch of the purple dye, why can't they toss in X number of Kindle covers so they can make the Purple Sun. Tell folks that they are happy to make the custom cover but can only do so when there are enough covers that need to be dyed in that particular color and that it might be a little while.

This is probably because I have no clue how the process works. Do they press the cover first and then dye the cover? Do they dye the cover and press it when the cover is still wet?

I do know that if I could have gotten certain covers in purple, that I would have bought two more covers by now. If they are happy with not making the extra money they could have from me then I am fine with not given them my money. No hard feelings. It just seems like a weird business practice.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.