Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the technical name for the little metal clips on the ends of the bungee used to close the Kindle covers?

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
I'm guessing aglets. . . .that's what are on the ends of shoelaces, anyway.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
I'm guessing aglets. . . .that's what are on the ends of shoelaces, anyway.
Looked up aglets (or aiglets) and you're very close, Ann. But the ones on the end of the Oberon bungee rotate to keep them from coming back out of the hole.

I'm working on recovering an Amazon K2 cover like some others have and need to buy something similar to an aglet to make a closure for it. But I need the name of the piece in order to find out where to buy them.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did more research.  They actually are aglets but are elongated on one end so that they can turn and lock inside the hole.  Don't know where to find them, though.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ends are called barbs. There are lots of companies that sell elastic with barbed ends, but I don't know of any that sell just the ends.
Thanks, Mona. You're right! I found several companies that make them when I searched for barbed elastics. Unfortunately, the smallest amount I could buy is 100 at nearly $50.00 with shipping. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
DD--look for "7 gypsies" elastics.

http://www.starlitstudio.net/7g4blelco.html

I'm guessing they'll have them in quite a few scrapbook stores, might even have them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I picked up a batch on ebay, but that was the only packet I found there.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VictoriaP said:
DD--look for "7 gypsies" elastics.

http://www.starlitstudio.net/7g4blelco.html

I'm guessing they'll have them in quite a few scrapbook stores, might even have them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I picked up a batch on ebay, but that was the only packet I found there.
Thank you so much for the information, VictoriaP! I'll check that out.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You might be able to get some through Oberon.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Yeah, I was going to suggest contacting Oberon too.  They seem to be really focused on their customers and offer great customer service.  I wouldn't put it past them to go out of their way for something even this simple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts