Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Ladies (and gents)

My Oberon Butterfly came today.. but before I pry it from my tree of life and decalgirl crest skin I need to figure out which skin to use. I have the music notes which I could use, but I wanted something bolder.. Energy Blossom is not the right color so help me pick out a skin for my Oberon Butterfly and my decalgirl skin.

The Butterfly in the link looks blue, but it is really a deep purple.

http://oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=926

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,289.htm

Here are the links to both if you dont want to spend time looking.. I am totally confused.

Thanks! Help! :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Patrizia said:
Here are the links to both if you dont want to spend time looking.. I am totally confused.

Thanks! Help! :)
Patrizia-- The Van Gogh Irises skin looks like it has some purple in it. Or maybe the Monet Waterlilies skin would work? And either of those would probably work with your Tree of Life cover as well.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I bought the butterflies cover myself.  My first question is, does it look as nice in person? 
I bought the Monet Water Lillies skin.  Neither are here yet so i don't have a conclusive answer for you.  For me it was a choice, as WC has pointed out, between Monet or Van Gogh.  I love both.  Choose water lillies because I hoped the colors were a bit more compatible.  Hard to tell on line though. 
Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Sylvia, can I ask how long it took between your ordering and the time they shipped?  I'm obsessed with my covers and skin getting here.  I did not preorder them as I was on the list to be delivered in March, and OMG, IT'S HERE RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND!!!!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
bebobthefrog said:
I ordered this one: http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,15858.htm
to go with the butterfly cover. I got the skin yesterday but am waiting to receive the cover. I read on another thread that someone bought the atomic one to go with the butterfly cover.
This is the same skin I have (whimsical) and originally ordered it in hopes that one there would be a butterfly oberon cover. The "purple" on this skin inot going to match the deep purple of the cover. It has too much red in it so that it is kinda pinkish or plum. However, since most of the skin is black, it might be OK.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Here is a picture of the Butterfly cover. The purple is a deep royal purple, I love it. I have more over on the other thread.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the updates.. I saw the atomic.. not really my taste. I do like the Iris Van Gogh and the Water Lily , as you said it would go also with the Tree of Life cover.. I did have the energy blossom to go with it but its too pink less purple as I said this one is a deep purple.

Nice to know the whimical may not be a match, so I think the two suggested are the ones i will go with..

I ended up ordering the Van Gogh Iris and this one. I like those butterflies and may look good with the cover since it is more white in it

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,17958.htm

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Glad you made your choice Patrizia.  Hope your wait is a short one.  BTW, does anyone know how long decalgirl's wait is?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I appreciated the help from you guys!

I know when I ordered the first time it only took a few days but with the holidays it would be longer would be my guess..

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
A couple of things.
I placed my order at Oberon for a butterfly cover w/corners yesterday morning when i discovered my kindle was shipping immediately.  I just checked Oberon's site and my cover is already in Louisville, KY.  If it makes the same progress my kindle did, I will have it tomorrow afternoon.  WOW.

The second thing is that you can check your tracking information directly from the Oberon site without posting tracking number onto the UPS site.  Nice touch.
debbie

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My cover was not ordered by me through oberon so it was a lovely and unexpected suprise that was sent from them. So the fact I have it at all really just a nice wonderful thoughtful gesture that was so appreciated and as I said unexpected

·
Registered
869 Posts
Patrizia said:
My cover was not ordered by me through oberon so it was a lovely and unexpected suprise that was sent from them. So the fact I have it at all really just a nice wonderful thoughtful gesture that was so appreciated and as I said unexpected
Patrizia,

That's awesome! The people at Oberon are the best!

And I haven't even ordered one of their covers [yet] ;D

Marci

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Marci

I have two.. the butterfly and the tree of life, they are amazing!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Okay, I haven't looked yet again at the skins, but a yellow skin would look great against a purple cover. Oh, big congrates on your new butterfly cover. When I check out the skins for you, if I come up with something else, I'll let you know right away.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Patrizia said:
Patrizia that was so nice of them to send you the Butterfly cover. Enjoy the cover. I already ordered two covers from Oberon. I will have to wait a whle before I order the Butterfly.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Skins arrived.. the Van Gogh Iris is really gorgeous in person pictures do not do it justice.. the butterfly skin is very pretty as well.. can't decide.. oh what to do.. what to do.. LOL

1 - 20 of 77 Posts