Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - I can't take credit for this idea as I noticed it on cheshirenc's picture they posted.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but a good use for the charms we are all getting included with our Oberon covers would be to use them as a 'grip' for the bungee closure.

You simply take off one end of the bungee cord, (carefully), thread it through the charm and put the bumgee cord back. Voila! an easy grip to pull the bungee cord off with! and it shows off the charm very well!.

;D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
wilsondm2 said:
Ok - I can't take credit for this idea as I noticed it on cheshirenc's picture he posted.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but a good use for the charms we are all getting included with our Oberon covers would be to use them as a 'grip' for the bungee closure.

You simply take off one end of the bungee cord, (carefully), thread it through the charm and put the bumgee cord back. Voila! an easy grip to pull the bungee cord off with! and it shows off the charm very well!.

;D
I saw the same post and did this mine as well. I love it. The only problem is I tend to fiddle with it while reading and I'm worried if I will stretch out the bungee. I have the replacement, so I'll keep it on for now. It looks so cute on the cover.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love it - I was having problems grabbing the bungee to pull it from around the button, and had several people try to pull the button to open it! This way it gives a visual cue to pull on it to take the bungee off.

Works like a charm!! <pun intended...hehe> :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kevindorsey said:
Female readers are digging this ;D
Hey I'm male and I dig it too!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I did it because I didn't have any use for the charm, but was too cute to discard.

BUT

The main reason. Every person holding the oberon for the first time always tried to open the cover by pulling up on the button as if it was a snap. I'm guessing the bungee was hidden by the button. Adding the charm gives me something to pull on to get the bungee from behind the button and allows others to see it is a button and not a snap.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cheshirenc said:
I did it because I didn't have any use for the charm, but was too cute to discard.

BUT

The main reason. Every person holding the oberon for the first time always tried to open the cover by pulling up on the button as if it was a snap. I'm guessing the bungee was hidden by the button. Adding the charm gives me something to pull on to get the bungee from behind the button and allows others to see it is a button and not a snap.
EXACTLY!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think it's a great idea & I would do it, except I didn't get a charm that matches my cover like these pictures seem to. I ordered the Forest cover & they sent me what they say is a bear? (it looks kind of like a wolf head to me) I am not really feeling the bear/wolf charm.......
but yours are very cute.  :)
kjn

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
kjn33 said:
I think it's a great idea & I would do it, except I didn't get a charm that matches my cover like these pictures seem to. I ordered the Forest cover & they sent me what they say is a bear? (it looks kind of like a wolf head to me) I am not really feeling the bear/wolf charm.......
but yours are very cute. :)
kjn
Check with ElDogStar--he got two of the same charm (a tree?) and is looking to trade for something different.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5275.0.html

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.