Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Chilady1--

Welcome to KindleBoards!

Congratulations on your first posts (and good luck on getting the Oberon cover in Buy, Sell, Trade & Barter!)

The charms now come with the Oberon covers or can be purchased at Oberon
http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_list&c=68

Some people have extra charms that they'll trade or sell; these are listed in BST&B.

When you get a chance, head on over to Introductions and tell us a little bit about yourself! You're in the right place, I can tell already--we love our Oberons here!

Betsy
(ps--I split your post out from the Oberon Cover photo thread as we're trying to keep it photos only, plus you'll get more response here!)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Oberon ships one of those charm with each order - it's a surprise which, although it seems possible to request a specific one if you know what you want. You can also buy them on the Oberon website (at the same time you order your cover  ;)), and you will see that they have quite a few, very nice, and they go with so many things  ;D

Yes, I have been enabled here, and as Oberon started making the charms (or rather making them available for order) after I got my cover, I just had to get a couple just out of sheer lust  ;)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards!

Typically a cover or journal ships with a charm as a gift from Oberon.  They also have a selection of charms available on their website, mostly because we kept pestering them to start selling them! ;D

The charm can make it easier to remove the bungee from the front button.  You do need to be careful though; the bungee is like any other elastic and can snap back.  At least one person had a permanent nick on their screen & a dark spot beneath it when a 4 year old decided to play with the charm.

(ninja-ed twice while typing!) :D

G

·
The charms are wonderful! They send one with every order. I got a dragonfly one with a bookmark I ordered before Christmas (traded it for a Tree of Life, which is now on my Oberon Kindle cover) a sun one with the aformentioned cover (traded it for a sleeping cat) and today when the Forest journal I ordered arrived it came with a Forest charm which is now a part of said journal. There is a charm trading thread around here somewhere-it's a lot of fun!

They sell the charms now too, I think they are around $7 each. :)

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
chilady1 said:
:D Thanks everyone for your wonderful responses and making me feel right @home with fellow Kindlers. Betsy, sorry about adding that post to a "picture only" thread. Will keep that in mind for the next time.
Not a problem, it's not a common kind of thread here, we just started it. And we understand being excited about Oberon products! ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dumb question. But how do you attach the charm to the Kindle 2 Oberon cover?  Do you have to reach down under the flap and push the bungee cord thru the hold, put the charm thru and then back into the hole?
It seems hard to do. No?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
everyman said:
Dumb question. But how do you attach the charm to the Kindle 2 Oberon cover? Do you have to reach down under the flap and push the bungee cord thru the hold, put the charm thru and then back into the hole?
It seems hard to do. No?
You nailed it first try! No, it's actually pretty easy to do, though of course you don't want to try it with a Kindle actually in the cover. :D

Each end of the bungee has a small metal "barb" that keeps it from going through the hole on it's own. Once you get a hold of that, it acts a lot like a needle, so when you push it through the hole, the bungee elastic will follow. This makes it very easy to remove, thread the charm on, and then push the bungee back through into the hole.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Just be careful to get the charm on facing the front of the cover, rather than with the back side up.  ;-)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you Victoria and Cindy so much. I did it!!!  Cindy, I did it backwards first. But turned it around to face outward.
I still can't get it to lay totally flat. Is there a trick to that?  It is pointing correctly I believe. I had it on both ways.
Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.