Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is always a lot of discussion about the Oberon colors.
I am one of those...

Then we post pics saying this is too dark or too light to truly represent.
But then all our monitors view things a little differently.

Plus of course batch to batch and even leathers within a batch will have some variation of hue.

To the end of understanding colors and my own likes and dislikes.
from online pix I have seen the GREEN and the FERN.
My own feeling is FERN is pea soup like, and that GREEN is certainly darker.

I first owned a Oberon Journal (Large) in Saddle.
Then to get some idea of colors, (and knowing I wanted other products)

I just got delivered a checkbook cover (ToL) in GREEN and a business card holder (mini wallet)
in NAVY (H Wave).

The GREEN is dark, even very dark and I "love" it.
Having not seen the FERN (real world viewing) I am still aware it is too pea soupy green for my tastes.

Although I do like pea soup and make a great one myself.  ;)

The NAVY item I have is also very dark. in VERY LOW light it will even appear nearly black. I like it a lot as well, I might describe it even darker than NAVY but not quite MIDNIGHT BLUE. If that offers anyone some description.

I have yet to see WINE in real life, although I am very encouraged by a couple of my friends here that have described in as a Rich Burgundy and Merlot. They state it is much deeper and richer than the online pix look, which pretty much look rather "brownish".

When it comes time to get a new cover for my K2 I feel 100% confident in the GREEN, BLUE, and even RED without having seen that one in the real world. I will need a sample eventually of the WINE color as well as most others.

Just my take on this situation at this time.

Eric

P.S. I have 2 of the Tree of Life key chain charms, if anyone has duplicates of ANY OTHER charm I would like to swap one with you. I intend to collect all they have. Let me know via PM maybe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just had an Idea about the posting of pictures where color is of importance.  It would be cool if the poster could put something in the picture to give the colors a scale.  Just like the pencil was used by Amazon in some K2 pictures to give a size scale, something of a known color could give a color scale.  Crayola crayons 8 basic colors come to mind, but there may be otherthings that would work too.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
ELDogStar said:
P.S. I have 2 of the Tree of Life key chain charms, if anyone has duplicates of ANY OTHER charm I would like to swap one with you. I intend to collect all they have. Let me know via PM maybe.
I've seen references to the charms before. Is that something that always comes with all Oberon products? I only have my Tree of Life K1 cover, which I love. I got it on eBay, though, and didn't get a charm with it. Don't know if the original owner kept it or just didn't get one. Just curious!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Meemo said:
I've seen references to the charms before. Is that something that always comes with all Oberon products? I only have my Tree of Life K1 cover, which I love. I got it on eBay, though, and didn't get a charm with it. Don't know if the original owner kept it or just didn't get one. Just curious!
I got a charm with both K1 covers. I'd be willing to bet the original owner of your cover kept it.
Ruby

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
sylvia said:
how would you discribe the saddle color?
sylvia
My Tree of Life K1 cover is saddle. It's a bit darker than the Oberon site shows on my monitor. It's a deep, rich brown. I'm trying to think of something universal to compare it to - maybe an old penny? (That's the raised parts of it - the background is very dark, black-brown). When I start jonesing for one of the other colors I remind myself that this is a classic color - and I hope to use this cover for a long, long time, with more than one Kindle. I got the velcro version so hopefully Kindles won't get much bigger & I can adapt it to future ones if & when I have to give up my original.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Toby said:
Yeah, my saddle Tree of Life for my K1 is milk chocolate & dark chocolate. ;D They didn't have the green color then, otherwise i would have gotten that color in a heartbeat.
I would LOVE to see the ToL in the green - hope someone will post a pic....
Never mind - found one on eBay (journal pic)...yep - I like it!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Meemo said:
I would LOVE to see the ToL in the green - hope someone will post a pic....
Never mind - found one on eBay (journal pic)...yep - I like it!

what's driving me nuts is that I love this green, but I hate the green that shows on the Oberon site for their "green" samples. The green on the Oberon site has more blue in it, it looks more like a blue spruce than a true green to me. So.... can anyone tell me if the Oberon green in real life looks more like a true dark hunter green or a blue spruce?? Thanks!!

-h.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If that green is the same green that is on my World Tree cover, it is very dark green. This pic taken without flash. The recessed areas are black.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
webhill said:
what's driving me nuts is that I love this green, but I hate the green that shows on the Oberon site for their "green" samples. The green on the Oberon site has more blue in it, it looks more like a blue spruce than a true green to me. So.... can anyone tell me if the Oberon green in real life looks more like a true dark hunter green or a blue spruce?? Thanks!!
My green checkbook cover is definitely NOT as "blue" as what I see on their website.

FWIW,
Eric

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
webhill said:

-h.
Om my monitor this green is close to my Tree of Life.
Mine is justa little darker.

But again on my monitor not nearly as dark as the next photo example of green.

Really not blueish at all.

Eric

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on the green, folks. I think I'm all set now :)
I promise to post photos when I eventually get my cover - I'll include a green bell pepper and a zucchini if I've been grocery shopping so people can put the green into context :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts