Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like most of you love your Oberon covers and have no complaints.  Is there anyone who doesn't like the Oberon?  And why?  Or any aspect of the Oberon you don't like even if you mostly love it?

I'm afraid of their no-return policy so am trying to become as educated as possible.  Thanks!

I'm also waffling back and forth between this one and the Noreve.  Decisions, decisions, decisions... :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have a velcro oberon cover and love it. I do not take my kindle out often though- I think if I did I might like the corners better. But not having one I'm not sure. The velcro is very secure. The only thing I don't use is the elastic band that closes the cover. For me it always seemed to be in the way when I was reading-kind of just hanging out there. Maybe other people have found something to do with it. I have taken mine off since I did not use it when my cover is closed. It came out easily enough. I think if I were to order another one I would ask them to not put one on at all although I like the look of the cover with the button on it.

Lynn L

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
That I can only use one at a time. It makes it hard to justify buying the purple butterfly when I have one Kindle. I could buy it but I don't change covers and don't really see the need to change cover.

Seriously, I love the feel, the smell, the look, and how it holds my Kindle. I have not had any problems with mine.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I love everything about it. The Kindle is very secure and it was proven when my Kindle fell off of the couch and onto the floor. Besides, if it doesn't suit your needs, you'd probably be able to sell it here in a snap.

Lynn...I love the elastic band. It keeps it closed and for the 10 long seconds that I stood there with my heart in my hand wondering if my Kindle was okay after it fell...it was the elastic band that kept it closed and secured. If it wasn't closed, I don't think the Kindle would have come out of the fall scratch fr :)ee.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I don't think you're going to get very many who don't like it. I did have the Tree of Life and exchanged it for a Purple Butterfly because of a misunderstanding. I called before I ordered and asked if they were releasing any new designs and was told no. Right after receiving it, they started offering the Butterfly  :mad: They were great and understood my frustration and sent me the Butterfly Cover and a return lable for the Tree of Life.

I can't think of a single thing I don't like about it. As for the elastic strap for the button, I find I usually slip my index finger through it when I'm holding my Kindle. It keeps the loop out of the way and is a bit of insurance if I were to drop it (it won't go far)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I got the Oberon Butterfly, I love the color and design.  I wasn't crazy about the wool interior and frankly I don't find it that comfortable to hold.  The edges are just the cut leather edges and not rolled to make a smooth edge.  When I read I hold my Kindle between my thumb and index finger and so the edge sits on the web between the two fingers.  It also proved to be a big attention getter with people asking to see it and by extension my Kindle. Which I wasn't thrilled about, the more it gets passed around the more chances for it to get dropped.    I like Oberon but am not as crazy in love with it as the others that have it.  I'd love a checkbook cover or a pad holder from them because I love the designs and the colors.  I bought the Noreve and it is a very smooth leather with rolled edges and doesn't rub the way the Oberon does.   SO far I'm keeping my Kindle in the Noreve and have bought another one of them.  My order of preference is the Noreve, the original M-Edge and then the Oberon.  All nice, but I guess bottom line I'm just not an Oberon Kindle cover extreme fan, I wish I'd spent my Oberon money on another Oberon item.

I will now duck for the incoming missiles from the Oberon Kindle cover lovers.....  :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have one question about oberons..

I ordered mine on 12/25 now that they are back to work when should I expect mine? I can't wait to see my sky dragon!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I will now duck for the incoming missiles from the Oberon Kindle cover lovers.....
What?? You don't like the Oberon?? ;D Seriously- isn't it great that there are choices available so hopefully everyone can find a cover they like? I tend to hold mine in my left hand so the rolled over part is in the palm of my hand and my thumb is between the kindle and the cover. I do find the wool pad does collect cat hair!

Lynn L

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Lynn said:
What?? You don't like the Oberon?? ;D Seriously- isn't it great that there are choices available so hopefully everyone can find a cover they like? I tend to hold mine in my left hand so the rolled over part is in the palm of my hand and my thumb is between the kindle and the cover. I do find the wool pad does collect cat hair!

Lynn L
Lynn, the wool pad does collect cat hair..then again, everything I own is covered in cat hair so I rarely notice.

chobitz said:

I ordered mine on 12/25 now that they are back to work when should I expect mine? I can't wait to see my sky dragon!!
I think people started getting notice that they shipped Tuesday or Wednesday. I will say I never got notcice that mine shipped and mine never updated on their website. It just showed up

·
Registered
657 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I think people started getting notice that they shipped Tuesday or Wednesday. I will say I never got notcice that mine shipped and mine never updated on their website. It just showed up
I haven't gotten an email that it shipped so hopefully I'll get a nice surprise in a few days :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Gables Girl said:
All nice, but I guess bottom line I'm just not an Oberon Kindle cover extreme fan, I wish I'd spent my Oberon money on another Oberon item.
I am sure you could easily sell your Oberon on the sell board. I would love to see pics of the your K in the Noreve cover, there site does not really do a good job. Or have you posted some already?

I am happy with my Oberon but am always curious as to what else is out there.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Octochick said:
I am sure you could easily sell your Oberon on the sell board. I would love to see pics of the your K in the Noreve cover, there site does not really do a good job. Or have you posted some already?

I am happy with my Oberon but am always curious as to what else is out there.
I've posted pictures of both my Oberon and my Noreve here. http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1737.20.html I think I already have someone that is interested in buying my Oberon, but if that falls through I'll be posting it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I don't see the Oberon picture... Which post is it in?
Thought I had posted the Oberon, but I guess someone already had posted them so I didn't post mine. Sorry. There are other pictures of the Butterfly posted.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I absolutely love my Oberon, but I understand that every one is different and that's no problem.  Someone not loving it has nothing to do with my loving it, why would I throw anything?  ::)  (I'm saving my throwing things for my husband.)

As a fiber artist, I totally understand how important the "feel" of something is.  Glad you were able to find the right cover for you!  The Noreve and the M-edge are beautiful covers!

You probably can sell your Oberon fairly quickly for almost what you paid for it in out Buy, Sell Trade board.

Betsy

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had the Oberon Tree of Life. Although I agree that it was beautiful I knew as soon as I opened it that it wasn't for me. I liked the design but when I held the cover the "bumpy" feel was distracting. When I opened it and held it as though I were reading my Kindle, I didn't like the feel of the wool at all.

I sold it on this board a few days after I received it and am still glad it sold to quickly to a very happy new owner.

I now have a Strangedog cover, a Vizu Pink Travel Jacket and a Sapphire Blue M-Edge.

Out of these two covers I have fallen in love with the Sapphire Blue M-Edge. My second choice is the Travel Jacket because of the way it props open. I have started wrapping my M-Edge jacket around one side of the Travel Jacket when reading at home so that I can safely prop it up hands free.

I love the smooth feel on the outside and the smooth feel of the fabric on the inside of the M-Edge.

I love the way it closes and holds the Kindle secure. I also really love the color!

My light for the M-edge just shipped today so that I will have that soon.

I know most everyone loves the Oberon but I will gladly stick with my M-edge and if I want a change I'll use the orginal cover or travel jacket.

I am still planning on designing my own original cover when I get the time but no hurry now that I have the M-Edge.

Lynn M

·
Registered
339 Posts
chobitz said:

I too ordered mine on 12/25 (Merry Christmas to me!) and am (not so) patiently waiting for it. Tick, tock, tick, tock...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The only teeny tiny thing I don't care for is it is difficult to secure it open. But I take the elastic and loop it back over the button to hold the cover folded back. Other than that I love it and will not be changing cases anymore.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts