Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which Oberon cover to buy for K2.  I have the purple butterfly for K1 and love it.  When I received the butterfly, I was surprised by how dark it was as it showed up lighter on my computer monitor. Could some of you that own an Oberon cover please try to describe the color for me?  I am interested in the following:

Avenue of Trees:  Is the green spring green...the color of brand new baby grass? Is it olive? Pea soup?

Any in saddle:  How would you describe this color?  Are there orange tones?

Hokusai Wave: Is this a navy blue?

Forest:  Is this the same green as Ave. of Trees?

Sun: Bright fire truck red? Brick red?

Thanks for any descriptive words that you can offer.  Decisions, decisions....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have the Hokusai wave and it is very definitely navy blue. I love it. Nice and dark.

L

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Tree of Life in saddle. To me, saddle reminds me of the color of hot chocolate. I'm not a big fan of the color brown, but the cover is gorgeous and rich looking.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome girls, I noticed this is your first post! When you have time go over to the Intro/Welcome Board and tell us more about yourself. You will receive a warm KB welcome. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have a Sky Dragon cover and its between fire engine red and brick red. Like a deep true red. Or a 'dragon red' I think..

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the World Tree for K1. It is a beautiful color. To me it is a Hunter green. A little darkish, but I like it really well. I am trying to get the Roof of Heaven in the same blue as the Hokusai Wave for K2. I think that will be gorgeous!  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am looking at my daughter's Tree of Life. It is a very beautiful brown. Some might say it has orange tones since it is not a deep (ie, walnut) brown but it really is very beautiful. And I say that as a person who has brown as one of her least favorite colors!

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Leslie said:
I am looking at my daughter's Tree of Life. It is a very beautiful brown. Some might say it has orange tones since it is not a deep (ie, walnut) brown but it really is very beautiful. And I say that as a person who has brown as one of her least favorite colors!

L
What skin does she have. I have been looking at then *again* and I like the Tree of Life. I also like Forest but have had the green in Dragonfly Pond. I am torn between Tree of Life and Sun.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Leslie... it's nice.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
What skin does she have. I have been looking at then *again* and I like the Tree of Life. I also like Forest but have had the green in Dragonfly Pond. I am torn between Tree of Life and Sun.
She has the decalgirl skin in dark burlwood, which is a prettier brown than it looks like in the decalgirl picture. It goes very well with the Tree of Life cover.

L

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the Hokusai wave cover too (with corners).  I love it. To me the cover looks a shade darker (richer) than what shows up on my monitor when I view Oberon's website. YMMV. I like Leslie's choice of skin with it too by the way.  I like how the leather tooling makes the dark part of the wave darker than the lighter parts (the foam and spray--lots of great detail).  For fun, I took out my kids' crayolas to see if there was a suitable crayon color for it and the closest I found was Pacific Blue.  It's close when you hold the crayon itself up to the cover, but when you scratch out a swatch you get a shade (or 2) lighter than the cover shade. So it's not a perfect match.  Have some crayolas handy?  :D 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I was just looking at the laptop skins. People say you can request laptop skins to be made as Kindle skins. Anyway, they have one of Mt. Fuji. That might be an interesting combo with the Hokusai wave cover.

L

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am leaning toward getting the blue wave for my K2... I am definately a blue girl.  Also, although I love pretty much all of the more detailed designs I love the simplicity of the wave as well.  The only reason I haven't preordered yet is because I want to see if they offer Roof of Heaven in the same blue. 

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you so much for providing such helpful descriptions of the cover colors. 

I like the roof of heaven design and since it seems like it will be made in saddle, I wanted to make sure I would like it.  Typically I go for color whenever possible. The bolder, the better! I'm not a brown person at all, but the descriptions given here have reassured me.

I like Esther's idea of matching the cover color to an actual crayon...very clever!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I still can't decide what I want... If only Roof of Heaven was in a darker color, I'd be sold in an instant, but at the moment I'm tied between that, Forest, Tree of Life, and Hokusai Wave.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
chobitz said:
I have a Sky Dragon cover and its between fire engine red and brick red. Like a deep true red. Or a 'dragon red' I think..
It's a stunning red. Note though that the reds will vary a bit and I don't know if it's due to the piece of leather and the way it's dyed or if it's due to the item being manufactured.

I also bought a large red journal in Dragon Roost and a pocket organizer in Celtic Braid...in addition to my Sky Dragon, all three are a different shade of red with the Kindle cover and pocket organizer matching each other the most. My journal is a slightly brighter shade of red but not blinding.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts