Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Oberon ROH for my Kindle 2 this afternoon and noticed that included with my cover is an extra bungee and a key charm. Can anyone tell me which bungee would this extra one replace. Is it the one that is on the upper right corner of the cover or the one the straps the cover shut? Also, the key charm...how or where would I be able to add this on to? Any ideas? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
I added the charm on the bungee cord that fastens around the 'button' closure.  Then I can gently use the charm to easily open or close my cover.

By the way -- which cover did you purchase and which charm did they send with it???? Pics??????  ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,888 Posts
Just a heads up, they are going to start selling those charms (a couple weeks from now)....so if you'd like to decorate you Kindle a little more you can :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
Both bungees appear the same, so the replacement should work for either if you have one break.  I tucked my spare way down deep in the front cover so I always have it with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
VictoriaP said:
Both bungees appear the same, so the replacement should work for either if you have one break. I tucked my spare way down deep in the front cover so I always have it with me.
Oh - good idea I was wondering how I was going to manage to not lose the spare bungee.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
PJ said:
Oh - good idea I was wondering how I was going to manage to not lose the spare bungee.
LOL--stuff like that is a necessity for me. If I "put it someplace safe" in the house, I will NEVER find it again.

Now, the odds are I'll still forget where it is...... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Here is a picture of my new cover and skin. For Tippy, who used the charm as on the cover. Could you tell me how you did it, as I am also interested in doing so. The charm that I received matches the ROH sun.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Surfmom66 said:
Thanks for the replies. Here is a picture of my new cover and skin. For Tippy, who used the charm as on the cover. Could you tell me how you did it, as I am also interested in doing so. The charm that I received matches the ROH sun.
To thread the charm around the bungee you need to reach into the cover and slide one end of the bungee through the hole. Just make the metal end lie flat on the bungee cord and push it through, slide the charm on and push it back through the hole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Oh! I'm so excited! That is the same exact skin and Oberon I purchased. I am squealing with delight! I cannot wait to get my cover. Next question-how in the world did you get the screen saver to match your cover?  I've not even messed with the screen savers. Not computer savvy on things like that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The screensaver I got from someone that posted it on Kindle Boards...look under The Kindle Boards Photo Gallery...the topic was called Roof of heaven Screen Saver (and 2 others).  The hack to change to your own screensavers is under Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting...topic is New version K2 Screensaver hack. Enjoy.  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Neversleepsawink;) (#1071) said:
Just a heads up, they are going to start selling those charms (a couple weeks from now)....so if you'd like to decorate you Kindle a little more you can :)
Stupid question, but does that mean we won't get them as little "gifts" anymore when we buy something from them?
kjn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,097 Posts
Betsy, What??? You still haven't ordered the ROH yet?!  You are supposed to be the ultimate enabler, oohh woe is me!  I am losing faith.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
kjn33 said:
Stupid question, but does that mean we won't get them as little "gifts" anymore when we buy something from them?
kjn
Sigh. I hope not. I was thinking the same thing though.

To second cover or not to second cover, that is the question......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
kjn33 said:
Stupid question, but does that mean we won't get them as little "gifts" anymore when we buy something from them? kjn
For $75 + shppg you think they could continue to provide one charm per cover. Really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Leslie: I just finished giving Oberon feedback on their website asking them to pre-thread a "charm" on every Kindle cover bungee. We wil see, I guess.

If anybody else who is an Oberon customer wants to do the same, maybe they will get the message from us, loud and clear!

Jered
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
I love having the charm on the bungee. It really helps to get it off the button. I'm not sure I'd want it already on there though..Then again, it's not too difficult to change them out if I got one I didn't want (like that would happen).

I do hope that even though they start selling them, that they continue to include them with the orders. I look forward to the charm *almost* as much as the cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
docjered said:
Leslie: I just finished giving Oberon feedback on their website asking them to pre-thread a "charm" on every Kindle cover bungee. We wil see, I guess.

If anybody else who is an Oberon customer wants to do the same, maybe they will get the message from us, loud and clear!

Jered
I do not like the charm on the bungee. Tried it and it kept bugging the heck out of me. I took it off.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top