Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have been gone because I was on vacation.  8) I'm feeling a little out of the loop about what's going on (on the KBs) now.

Anyway, I flew to Portland and of course, I read my Kindle the whole way there.  ;D The people who sat beside me wanted to know all about the Kindle and asked for a demo. I think at least three people will be buying on thanks to me. Amazon should give us a gift card!

Okay, so on the plane I got up to put on my sweater, the Kindle was on my seat in the cover. So I sit down and I'm like "What am I sitting on...OMG!" I was sitting on poor Dexter.  :-\

I quickly examined him for damage, but he was fine!  ;D The Oberon wave cover he was wearing saved the day. Scared myself half to death though.  :eek:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yikes, another close call!  Thank goodness for Oberon (have the same one)!  And hope your vacation was restful!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pomlover2586 said:
Aww poor Dexter! I'm glad he's OK, but you need to purchase him an Oberon [or an accessory of his choice] to make up for it! :)
LOL!! SHHH....I think he may have heard you! :eek: His web browser keeps "accidentally" loading to the Oberon website and then the "text to speech" comes on and keeps repeating "Sky Dragon" and "Roof of Heaven." ??? :eek: ;D

:D

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
So glad your Kindle, er Dexter, is all right. I sat on my reading glasses, maybe a few months ago. I had the same reaction. What am I sitting on? OMG!! Naturally, I had to have the frame fixed & the lens put back in.  :eek: :p That is a good reminder to the rest of us. Otherwise, glad you had a great vaca. & I think I heard Dexter's voice saying, "you sit on me, you buy me another cover".

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the same thing!  But it was before I had my Oberon cover.  I did have a skin on it, that was a bit scratched after the ordeal, but I decided right then that my Kindle was not allowed out of the house until I got a cover on it!!  The feeling of horror when I realized what I had done was just too horrible for words!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts