Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a really rough time at work and lots of overtime, so I've decided to do some retail therapy -- I'm finally going to take the Oberon cover plunge for my K2!  I've got that narrowed down to three covers (Roof of Heaven in purple, Creek Bed Maple in Green or Tree of Life in undecided color) but wondered what book light you're using with your Oberon covers.  It would be a big plus if you can show pictures of how you're attaching your lights to the cover.

Thank you Kindleboards Enablers - I never knew such wonderful accessories and covers existed until I came here.  My wallet doesn't thank you, but my K2 does.  ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I use the Mighty Bright xtraflex 2 light and just clip it to the front cover as it is folded behind the kindle.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
No picture at the moment, but I fold the Oberon fully back & clip the Mighty Bright 2 onto both the front & back covers together, top center.  It's easy to manuever the light so there's no glare on the screen, and the two LED setup is amazingly bright.  I've never had a book light that I thought worked well before, and now I use it every night.  And there's no damage to the Oberon whatsoever.

(Note: because I have a skinned K2, a small amount of glare was bothering me from the edges.  I added an approximately 2" x 3" piece of black craft foam to the top of the clip using a double stick foam tape--it lays over the top border of the K2 and keeps the light from glaring off the skin.

Most people won't be bothered or will find a different position to avoid glare altogether, this was just what worked best for me to get consistently even coverage over the screen while eliminating a hot spot that was driving me batty.)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Might Bright 2 is my favorite:

I also for the Oberon back and attach the Mighty Brite to both covers.

For travel this little light is hard to beat:

With this light I fold the Oberon back and clip the light to the front of the cover (which is now in the back).

Both clip comfortably to the Oberon covers and can be adjusted to minimize/eliminate glare...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions!  I have the little travel light already, so I might start with that for travel purposes.  The Mighty Bright looks more functional, though.  

I also appreciate the fix for the glare on the skins.  My K2 doesn't have a skin yet, but I am also trying to decide on a skin design too.  First, I have to keep narrowing down the Oberon design.  

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think I saw a mighty brite 2 that came with an optional charger (or plug into the outlet instead of using batteries thngy) That made the prce about $22. Anybody get that? also any idff betyween the black and silver mighty brite?  Pardn poor typing--I've got a thumb/wrist splnt on 24/7 for the next week and too ;azy to go back and fix :(  :(  :( 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Mighty Bright for sure.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I use the mighty bright as well.  No problems with it leaving "marks" on the cover or the kindle skin.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm also very glad to hear that none of you have problems with the Mighty Bright leaving marks on the skin or the cover.  It's so nice to be able to come here, ask for advice, and very quickly get a lot of help.  Thanks to all of you.  :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I plan on using the mighty bright light I already have. I just got my purple ROH cover out of the mail about 10 minutes ago.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Kristus412 said:
I plan on using the mighty bright light I already have. I just got my purple ROH cover out of the mail about 10 minutes ago.
Congrats on the Oberon Cover! You'll love it!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
JeanThree said:
I think I saw a mighty brite 2 that came with an optional charger (or plug into the outlet instead of using batteries thngy) That made the prce about $22. Anybody get that? also any idff betyween the black and silver mighty brite? Pardn poor typing--I've got a thumb/wrist splnt on 24/7 for the next week and too ;azy to go back and fix :( :( :(
I did the Mighty Brite + adapter through Amazon; the seller was very quick, and the price was fair even with shipping. I'm glad I did it; I use mine enough that I'd be going through batteries a little more frequently than I'd prefer. I leave the adapter plugged in next to my bed and use it with that every night, only putting batteries in when I need to move around the house with it (rare) or when travelling.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I use the Fulcrum Multi Flex light, which is very similar to the Mighty Bright, but a bit cheaper. I fold the cover back while reading and clip the light to the front cover, so the neck comes over the top of the Kindle and shines onto the screen.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
intinst said:
I use the Mighty Bright xtraflex 2 light and just clip it to the front cover as it is folded behind the kindle.
What intinst said.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
VictoriaP said:
I did the Mighty Brite + adapter through Amazon; the seller was very quick, and the price was fair even with shipping. I'm glad I did it; I use mine enough that I'd be going through batteries a little more frequently than I'd prefer. I leave the adapter plugged in next to my bed and use it with that every night, only putting batteries in when I need to move around the house with it (rare) or when travelling.
What VictoriaP said too. ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I use the Mighty Brite too clipped to the Oberon cover folded back. Just this weekend I got a for my sister a light that looks just like the Mighty Brite. It was on special at Eddie Bauer for $9.99.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts