Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPS tracking says, "out for delivery".  My Avenue of Trees cover with velcro is almost here.  Sundog will look beautiful!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will.  UPS usually comes around noon hours.  I'm home (condo) a lot, but today I have to go out (in the cold -- brrrrrr) for a number of hours midday.  Usually there's someone around who will let our UPS guy in the locked front door to leave packages, but sometimes I come home to a tag on my mailbox.  I hope that's not today.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered it on Nov. 18.  There was a hold-up because of velcro - corners issue.  On Thursday, Nov. 21, I advised Oberon via e-mail that I wanted velcro.  Got a reply to that on Monday, Nov. 24.  It shipped from California to Chicago area on Nov. 26.  The next day was Thanksgiving.  Finally, it will be here today!  Original delivery day on UPS site was correct.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I am wonderng when my Kindle covers will be here. I had emailed them last week and Don said they would be shipped out Tues or Wed. I never got a tracking number. It is possible that I may have deleted the email with the tracking number by mistake. I just emailed them again to find out if the covers have been shipped.If I do not hear back from them today. I may call them tomorrow .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh you are going to love your cover!  Mine arrived yesterday and it is so beautiful.  I put a Monet Waterlillies skin on it and slipped it inside Tree of Life and it is so beautiful!  I have finals next week for school and was working on algebra but I kept gazing over at my beautiful Kindle and all I want to do is touch the tree because I have never seen anything like it.  The workmanship is just gorgeous!  I have a one month break and I plan on doing nothing but reading on my Kindle!

Holly

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm gettin' my hairs done today.  That means just sitting in a chair for 30 - 40 minutes while color is setting.  (I don't know what my natural gray looks like.  I've never seen it.)  Usually I try to find some interesting magazines to flip through.  Today I'm taking my library = Sundog with me.  :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Very exciting!

I'm still holding out for the Butterfly cover but according to Oberon I won't have to wait much longer!  They said the plate was being cut as we speak and it could be available in a few weeks.  Shouldn't take too long to get here either since Oberon is less than 3 hours from me!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm home and it is here.  It is beautiful!  Leather stiffness / softness is just right.  Not too much of either.  Truly worth the price.  Could not ask for better.  Got a tree of life pewter charm with it.  Nice of them.  And a spring '08 Oberon catalog.  Haven't opened and tempted myself with that yet.

I don't think I'm going to apply velcro to Sundog as per instructions.  I think if you did that, you would end up with the same soft velcro strip partly on light color Kindle and partly on gray back cover and a soft strip might also cover speakers on the back.  Not good.  I think I will pull soft velcro off hard loops and then apply strips to Sundog.  The two parts will still line up enough to hold Sundog in place and secure.

Would you believe -- no digital camera?!

Forgot to say that I had to buy a new larger purse to carry Sundog in.  I like Fossil bags.  Got Claudia Shopper in cognac marked down $66.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Sandpiper said:
I'm home and it is here. It is beautiful! Leather stiffness / softness is just right. Not too much of either. Truly worth the price. Could not ask for better. Got a tree of life pewter charm with it. Nice of them. And a spring '08 Oberon catalog. Haven't opened and tempted myself with that yet.

I don't think I'm going to apply velcro to Sundog as per instructions. I think if you did that, you would end up with the same soft velcro strip partly on light color Kindle and partly on gray back cover and a soft strip might also cover speakers on the back. Not good. I think I will pull soft velcro off hard loops and then apply strips to Sundog. The two parts will still line up enough to hold Sundog in place and secure.

Would you believe -- no digital camera?!

Forgot to say that I had to buy a new larger purse to carry Sundog in. I like Fossil bags. Got Claudia Shopper in cognac marked down $66.
I would believe no digital camera because I don't have one either. LOL on your new Claudia Shopper bag. ;) I have the red Levenger bag for Liesel.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I just got an email from Oberon saying my kindle covers (with corners) are completed! One is an anniversary gift for my husband so I am crossing my fingers that they arrive by this weekend, when we are celebrating. I originally chose UPS 3-day shipping and the notice is dated 12/2 (even though I just got it) so there may be a small chance that it will be here in time. That would be so great! But at least I know that it won't be long now.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And Sundog dressed in the Oberon cover fits easily into Fossil Claudia shopper.  (It's still a satchel style purse, not a tote bag.)  Sundog and I are ready to go wherever together.  :)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
May I ask those of you that have recently gotten your gorgeous new covers how long it took from order date to delivery date?  And also, what shipping method are most of you choosing?  USPS Priority is cheaper than UPS, but the site specifically says if it's lost (or stolen) it will not be replaced. 
Ruby

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm curious how long it will take before I get a shipping notice. I know how long it will take to mail. I ordered mine 11/29, I hope it get here before I leave for my Christmas trip on 12/18. So that Penelope will be able to wear her new dress to meet my family. (yeah I know that was pretty cheesy ::) :D)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts