Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fairy cover is up on Oberons website. I didn't see any of the other new styles yet...

HTH

Tracie

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Celtic Cross is also a new design.

Waiting on Creekbed maple. . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sun and Three Graces are both up, and Forest is about to go up, too.  There's a question mark icon where the picture goes...

·
Registered
27 Posts
oh this is killing me. I just bought the celtic hounds journal (to make my own cover) because I liked that the pattern was on front and back and I love it.  But I love some of thes new designs! I want to see forest and creekside maple!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Dragonfly Pond and Forest are up now. . . .

Ann

Oh Oh Oh. . . and creekbed maple has a question mark. . . . .  I think I need to go get my credit card so I have it ready!

Ann

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok, dragonfly pond is out of the running. It's cute but I like the one with the frog in it and the cattails a little more.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Just an FYI for those folks waiting for a Kindle and thinking about buying accessories:

Amazon is announcing something at a press conference on February 12. The internet speculation, blogs and tech world blogs, is that Bezos will be announcing Kindle 2. We have no idea what it looks like but it is possible that it might be a different size then K1.

Nothing says that the size will be different but you might want to order until you know what is happening. Heck, nothing says that they are going to be announcing K2.

There is a topic discussing this in the Lets Talk Kindle board. There are links to the various articles and blogs in the topic.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,2927.0.html

I know that Oberon has a no return policy and it is an expensive accessory so I figured I would post the rumors that are floating since Amazon itself sent out the email about the press conference.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
tamlyn2 said:
ok, dragonfly pond is out of the running. It's cute but I like the one with the frog in it and the cattails a little more.
I was also disappointed that the frog was missing, but still loved the design. I ordered it just now. I can't wait to see it. I'll let you know how it looks.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Creekbed Maple just came up. 

I just ordered. . .:)

Ann

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ProfCrash said:
Just an FYI for those folks waiting for a Kindle and thinking about buying accessories:

Amazon is announcing something at a press conference on February 12. The internet speculation, blogs and tech world blogs, is that Bezos will be announcing Kindle 2. We have no idea what it looks like but it is possible that it might be a different size then K1.

Nothing says that the size will be different but you might want to order until you know what is happening. Heck, nothing says that they are going to be announcing K2.

There is a topic discussing this in the Lets Talk Kindle board. There are links to the various articles and blogs in the topic.

I know that Oberon has a no return policy and it is an expensive accessory so I figured I would post the rumors that are floating since Amazon itself sent out the email about the press conference.
I have been reading about it all day. It will be interesting to see what they have to offer. I got my Kindle in November and I'm very satisfied with it. I doubt that I would consider getting the new design at this time. It will be interesting to see what they do if something goes wrong with your Kindle while in warranty. Will they offer to replace with the new design? That would be a big dilemma with all of the accessories I have gotten for my Kindle now. Oh well, I couldn't resist the Oberon cover and will hope for the best.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just ordered my Sun kindle cover. I am so excited that waiting for it to get here is going to make me crazy.
Something to look forward to after weeks of subzero bitter cold weather. Hopefully it will warm up when the Sun gets here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Creekbed Maple just came up.

I just ordered. . .:)

Ann
Ah ..what to do..I have maple in my shopping cart..but i just got the Celtic hounds and made it into a cover. But I would love to see how the covers that are really designed for the kindle look...hmm

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have a question for those that already have the Oberon cover. Do they make them after you order or do they have them in stock? How long does it normally take to get the cover? Also, I hope KindleBoards is getting credit for all of the orders. I referenced KB as where I heard of Oberon when I ordered.

·
Registered
224 Posts
they make them after you order,  i got mine within a week.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
tamlyn2 said:
That was my thought as well. At least it saved me some money. I think I like Fairy the best of all the new ones. But, I don't need another purple one.

I'm wondering, I'm pretty sure Becca said Sun, Forest, and Creekbed Maple were all still wrap-around designs. The website says the design is only on the front.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ProfCrash said:

Dang, I just bought and received an Oberon cover (which I love.) I know that I am going to be tempted by a new Kindle. :mad:

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Ordered Dragonfly Pond, love dragonflys. :) I am so excited.
So do I. I'm pretty sure my Lily skin will look nice with it. I would love to find a skin that hads a dragonfly in it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Oh my, I didn't need to see those!!  I LOVE the Forest one!  Are the wrap-around ones a lot stiffer when you try to fold them back?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts