Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby did indeed get me a Red River Garden cover (journal cover) for my custom Ginkgo decal'd K2 and now I have a unique question about its care as I may (fingers crossed) be receiving an Oberon handbag for Christmas and I would like to be prepared.

I know Oberon recommends using Cadillac Boot & Shoe Care Leather Lotion for their covers which I would like to use - just for protection as it is absolutely beautiful as it is now.  My question is: is their any sort of residual residue from using this product or anything that would attract dust or debris?  I ask this because we live in Ahwatukee/Phoenix, Arizona where there is dust everywhere.  I often leave my Kindle on my bedside table and if the window is open then a bit of dust is inevitable.

I would opt not to use it if it would attract more dust.  Any thoughts??

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the purple ROH cover and use the lotion and it dries into the leather nicely and quickly and I think it's been really great in softening up the leather. You just use a cloth to rub it over the entire cover and it will keep the leather conditioned, but not leave anything behind when it dries. And you can use the Cadillac lotion on lots of stuff, all your shoes, handbags, etc. I work in a shoe store and we sell this product and it's what most of recommend for general leather products.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cobbie said:
Oh, my, a new RRG and a handbag, to boot. Congratulations!
No handbag yet......I hope this doesn't jinx my Christmas giftie possibility. ;D

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cloudyvisions said:
I have the purple ROH cover and use the lotion and it dries into the leather nicely and quickly... but not leave anything behind when it dries.
Thanks cloudyvisions! I am always reluctant to treat anything for the dust attraction possibility.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Does anyone happen to know any EU suppliers? The marketplace seller on amazon doesn't deliver to Germany.  :-\

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I found an eBay shop that sells it, I just have to make up my mind whether I want to spend $16 on leather lotion. I'll probably just end up using the leather care I have.  :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe if a product can't be shipped overseas there is normally (but not always) something stated saying so. Example ~ "Sorry, but due to customs, the type of product, etc this product is not available to be shipped internationally or to the following countries".  If there is any question as to whether they can ship the Cadillac lotion or not and to be 100% sure before ordering I am sure most places would welcome your phone call/email regarding your concern.  They might also be able to tell you where you could purchase the product locally or an acceptable substitution.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As I said, the sellers on amazon don't ship to Europe. :) I may or may not buy the lotion on eBay. I own alternative products already but since Oberon recommend the Cadillac lotion I thought it wouldn't hurt to try and get that. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,
If you try ordering from amazon.co.uk instead of amazon.com you may be lucky!
I do all the time, living in Norway and have never had any problems with shipping exept with the Kindle itself and the e-books...

Marianne

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's one of the first places I looked. Neither amazon.co.uk nor any of their marketplace sellers stock this particular lotion.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Sorry, but I don't know.  I got mine from Amazon.com.  I suppose if you wanted to purchase an Amazon GC for a KindleBoard member, they might be willing to order from Amazon and ship it to you.  I ship to Afghanistan and Australia all the time.

I put the Cadillac Lotion on my covers and it dries quickly and really improved the appearance, IMO.  I love it so much, I've put it on all kinds of other stuff including my good leather purses, belts, shoes, my husband's boots and even my son's boots.  I had to end up ordering more and I found somewhere (I forget where, maybe ebay) that I purchases two bottles of it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have a couple of questions as well. Does it remove any of the dye/color with it when you use the cloth? For those covers with lots of lines in them, like mine is the ginkgo leaf, doesn't the lotion settle in the creases and lines?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have the Tree of Life with lots of detail and I don't have that problem.  No the dye does not come off.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Kindle Gracie said:
I have the Tree of Life with lots of detail and I don't have that problem. No the dye does not come off.
How long do you leave the lotion on? Do you let it dry before you wipe it off?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
When I apply a nice thin coat, I've hardly ever had to wipe any off.  The leather soaks it right up. 

·
Registered
787 Posts
Kindle Gracie said:
When I apply a nice thin coat, I've hardly ever had to wipe any off. The leather soaks it right up.
Thank you! :)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I live in Australia and to get items from the USA that wont deliver Internationally, I use myus.com  This gives me a USA Post Box, and then as a member, any packages I have ordered are consolidated into 1 package, and then shipped by DHL on to me in Australia.  Because the Australian dollar is currently worth more than the USA dollar, AND our retailers here charge well over 30 - 50% more for the same item, OR dont carry the item at all, I have found this to be a fabulous thing for me.  I also joined as an Amazon Prime member, which means that many things get shipped to my US box for free. 

1 - 20 of 36 Posts