Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Corners are secure and don't stick anything to your device -- and if you take it in/out frequently, corners don't wear but velcro does, making your kindle less secure in it's home.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I like corners.  I hate the feel of velcro against my hands, so reading it out of the case wouldn't be any fun.  Also hate putting sticky stuff on any electronics; having to take it off at a later date can be problematic.  And in my house (two dogs/two cats), velcro collects crud of many kinds way too quickly.

The look of the corners doesn't bother me at all. Others prefer the unobstructed "floating" appearance they get with Velcro.  You may want to take a look at a few similar cases in person if you can.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm getting corners.  ;D  I plan to have several types, and don't currently plan any of them to involve velcro.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I really prefer the look of the velcro, so that's what I purchased. I don't take the Kindle from the case, and the velcro holds it in very well. I even did a vigorous shake test on my original Oberon cover, the Kindle is very secure.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have velcro for my K1 and for the second case I ordered for that one (don't ask), I ordered velcro again. But for the K2, I ordered corners, because they don't cover any of the buttons or ports. I didn't like the covering up by the corners on the K1.

I like the floating look of the velcro, but I like the easy in and out of the corners. So now I will have both.

L

·
Registered
208 Posts
I ordered corners for the k2 instead of velcro.  The main reason was because I knew I would be using it for several weeks if not over a month before the oberon cover arrived.  I was afraid after that period of time without a cover I would "perfer" to read the kindle without a cover.  If I do end up taking the kindle out of the cover to read, I would not have to hold onto the velcro on the back.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have 2 velcro cover for my K1 so I'm using one of them for my K2 until I get the cover. I read with the cover on and I'm satisfy with the velcro so I order the velcro for my K2.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I had velcro with my K1 because I was concerned about the corners covering buttons and some of the ports.

I ordered corners for my K2 because they won't cover anything. Alos because DecalGirl can nw cover the entire back of the K2 and I didn't want to have velcro interfere with that...I have a VERY nice skin coming for the back ;D

·
Registered
723 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I had velcro with my K1 because I was concerned about the corners covering buttons and some of the ports.

I ordered corners for my K2 because they won't cover anything. Alos because DecalGirl can nw cover the entire back of the K2 and I didn't want to have velcro interfere with that...I have a VERY nice skin coming for the back ;D
All the ladies that ordered 6 pack abs want to be able to get to the back cover ASAP

Eric

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I put velcro on all the covers I made.  The covers I ordered had corners.  What?  ::)  I don't want to move the velcro!
lol

·
Registered
723 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Just so you know, it should be here today Eric..And you've got room to talk with your Josei skin ;)
No doubt!
I wish they had more such designs.
I ordered her also for my Ipod.
I do plan on going to Quest from my Kindle ASAP.

I do not know yet what I will put on my I-touch though...
Think I want to see the ones I have already ordered first..
I also got a couple for my I-pod shuffles The pack of gum size shuffle,
I have two of them.

EL

·
Registered
180 Posts
ELDogStar, DecalGirl post the My Heart skin 1 day after I requested it.  It might also be because I had 15 friends and co-workers also request it for me too! :-[

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm getting corners.  This is my first Kindle so can't say if one is better than another but didn't want velco.  Thought as hot as it gets in Texas it may after a time become gooey...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Lilly said:
ELDogStar, DecalGirl post the My Heart skin 1 day after I requested it. It might also be because I had 15 friends and co-workers also request it for me too! :-[
Some of us have been requesting...
It will come, we just need to learn to wait!

Thank you though,
Eric

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered my new Oberon cover with corners for my Kindle2 because i think velcro is tacky.  I also have a Kindle and have the Oberon cover with corners for that one and i love the look and feel of it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Corners.

I hate Velcro with a passion. I won't buy a bag, case or anything with it. Ugh.

I have a serious bag/case fetish, but even the most Perfect Purse will go back on the rack if it has Velcro anywhere.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I ordered my Kindle 2 case with Velcro. I can interchange my two Kindles with my Oberon covers.

This time I ordered the Raven in Taupe I loved it since I first saw it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts