Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I believe LR has tried both versions...as a beta tester we all received Velcro as that was the only option. She sent hers back for a different pattern, I believe, and in the corner version instead.

I love the Velcro...it's very secure and I love the floating look it has.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
There are others who have the velcro and have been very pleased.  I have the corners and I like them very much.  There is no accidental page turning with the way the corners are positioned, not even the elastic strap.  I often leave my elastic strap off, making it easier to get to the on/off-Whispernet switch.  It is still completely secure with the strap off.  The bottom straps cover up the Alt and Aa buttons, but do not impede usage of either button. 
I love mine and have yet to use my M-edge cover.  Maybe after my light comes I'll try it out. 
debbie

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have velcro, my husband has corners.... We're both quite happy with our selections.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
The leather straps at the corner are pretty easy to remove. Taking off the one strap in order to use the USB port is pretty easy to do.

The straps hold the Kindle in a secure fashion but they are easy enough to remove when you choose to.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ProfCrash said:
The leather straps at the corner are pretty easy to remove. Taking off the one strap in order to use the USB port is pretty easy to do.

The straps hold the Kindle in a secure fashion but they are easy enough to remove when you choose to.
Are the corners like the m-edge cover? I like my m-edge with the exception that it doesn't have the opening in the back over the switches. I am going to give the m-edge to my daughter and get the Oberon and I'm leaning towards the corners.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ProfCrash said:
They are like the medge corners. I find that it is easier to get to the switches in the Oberon then it was with the medge.
That was my thought too. I now have a good reason for buying the Oberon. Just had to justify it in my mind. Of course, my daughter is urging me on, she wants the m-edge cover for hers. ;D

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I chose the velcro because the corners covered up some of the buttons and USB port. Even though you can easily use the buttons, it still bothered me. There's also nothing there to detract from or cover up my skins. The velcro also puts just a bit of distance between the kindle and the cover making it easier to reach the switches on the back. I'm very happy with my choice, which surprises me because I was very anti-velcro to staert with.

·
Registered
277 Posts
chynared21 said:
I forgot to mention that if you have to use the usb a lot, corners could be annoying as you can't access the usb port with the corner on.
I have the corners and I have no problem using the USB port with the corner on. You just have to move the leather a tiny bit on mine to access the USB port. I also use earphones to listen to music and have no problem using that port either, there is a cut out in the corner to make it easier to use. I love mine and won't trade it for anything. :D

Katiekat

G

·
I have used both versions. I really like my corner version. Only one small problem, I accidentally sliced my corner bungee by pulling out and replacing the plastic insert in the pocket. I am waiting for the Oberon people to get back from vacation. My Kindle has been very secure in the cover without it though. The position of my upper left corner has caused a few accidental page back turns, but not that big of a problem.

The velcro is also nice for that floating look. I am sure since they added a third strip it is also more secure.

It really doesn't matter which one you get. They both come with the best feature...the lovely smell and feel of real leather.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Arrrhhhhhhh...  :-\  You may have helped Chimmer, but I'm still not sure. Guess I'll go with velcoro ... no wait, maybe the corners ... no, velcro... anyone got a coin?   :eek:

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
If I need a portable light, I use a head lamp. Light weight, easy to carry with you, it leaves both of your hands free, and it doe snot have to be attached to anything (other then your head). It is also really handy if power goes out or you do any type of camping or backpacking.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a headlamp as well ($15 LED Energizer headlamp from Target), and I love it.  My fiance thinks I look a little crazy, but I've never found a book light that works better.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Oh, and I've decided I'm getting an Oberon cover with velcro.  I'm still waiting on my Kindle (see my siggy), and have plenty of time to decide which cover I want, so I'm waiting to see which new covers will available this year.  And as far as why I'm getting the cover with velcro, I love the floating look.  It's so pretty!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts