Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an email I just sent to Oberon Design. I'll post any follow-ups I receive. I'm also curious to know how many of you would be interested in a similar design. If you are, email Oberon and maybe we can get some action going!

Dear Oberon Design,

I received my black Sky Dragon Kindle 2 cover yesterday and absolutely love it. This cover will be the perfect Kindle accessory while I read fantasy novels, especially those featuring dragons.

I also read a good number of science fiction novels, and would love to also have a science-fiction-themed Oberon cover for my Kindle 2. I'd be thrilled (as, I'm sure, would plenty of others) to see Oberon offer a design with a science fiction feel to it. An atom, or a rocket ship, the planet Saturn, or perhaps a swirling galaxy.

Just a thought. Thanks so much for my fantastic Kindle cover!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, I already got a response. Looks promising!

Dear Michael, thanks for the great, fun suggestion. It will go on the list today. We have a new beautiful blue color for later this year and a planetary theme would be very beautiful on the peacock blue. Thanks for contacting us and I'm really glad your cover pleased you. Becca

·
Registered
599 Posts
Very cool! I'm sure many people here on KB would be interested in that. I personally wouldn't buy one because I don't use leather, but I do respect the craftsmanship that goes into designing the Oberon covers, so I'd definitely be interested to see what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
And now we know that the peacock blue is coming, too. That's the test color on Patrizia's one of a kind Kindle cover.

L

·
Registered
601 Posts
oooohhh.. peacock blue...I'm excited...i already see a 3rd cover in my future...yep, i just purchase a 2nd one yesterday...I had thought that I wouldn't buy any more accessories for my KK, but it's tempting... ;D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
With that quick a response, I think I might email them on making the Daffodil journal cover into a K2 cover.  As much as I love some of the other designs, that one I wouldn't be able to resist!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
VictoriaP said:
With that quick a response, I think I might email them on making the Daffodil journal cover into a K2 cover. As much as I love some of the other designs, that one I wouldn't be able to resist!
As most people know by now.... I use the classic journal covers for my Kindle and absolutely love the added protection they give MaKK. I just bought the daffodil journal cover a month ago in fern and have been using it for MaKK ever since. This cover is beyond gorgeous and I couldn't be happier. People just go crazy over how beautiful/graceful this cover is..... so I HIGHLY recommend it!!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Leslie said:
And now we know that the peacock blue is coming, too. That's the test color on Patrizia's one of a kind Kindle cover.

L
I knew there was a reason I hadn't ordered my third Oberon cover-I'm going to wait for Peacock Blue now. That cover they made for Patrizia is just beautiful!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Leslie said:

L
I requested ROH in blue, even said I'd be willing to pay extra for it, and I was happy with navy. They said no... I guess they just do it for certain customers? Oh well, I'll probably still buy from them again, especially if there is another blue available.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Kindgirl said:
I requested ROH in blue, even said I'd be willing to pay extra for it, and I was happy with navy. They said no... I guess they just do it for certain customers? Oh well, I'll probably still buy from them again, especially if there is another blue available.
Patrizia's cover wasn't a special order, it was a one of a kind thank you gift they made after all the work she's done for them. So don't feel left out, it's not just something they'll do for certain customers. :)

I do wish they'd do special orders though, I'd also be happy to pay extra.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Kindgirl, I believe that Patrizia does promotional work for Oberon at no charge and that the cover they made her was a gift especially made for her for that reason.  It is my understanding that this company goes out of their way to make their customers happy.  Maybe since they have just said that they will be releasing the Peacock Blue later this year that the ROH will be one of the designs since it is so popular.  Just wait a bit and we may all be surprised.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
They are killing me. They have to stop. Everytime I talk myself out of buy another cover, they come up with new ones. I really liked the color of Patrizia's cover, so I'll wait to see what is offered in the new color.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Now I'm curious about this Peacock Blue, could anyone kindly point me in the direction of the thread with Patrizia's pics?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Gorgeous!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ruby296 said:
I'd pay extra too. Does anyone have an idea of how long it will be before the peacock blue is offered?
Ooooooooo I will SO wait for the peacock blue cover. I don't care what design it is either!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just when I got to point of telling myself to make a decision already!!!! (Forest in Green) I see a reference to peacock!  I would love to know when it will be available.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts