Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about ordering a Extra Large Oberon Journal, to use with the Amazon cover for the DX.
I was thinking it might work ,since the K2 with the amazon cover works with the large oberon journal.
The KDX measures 10.4" x 7.2" x0.38" and the extra large oberon journal measures 11.50" x 8.75 " .
Seems like it should work in my head anyways lol
Any others who are getting the KDX thought about this option?

·
Registered
308 Posts
The bigger kindle is 18 ounces. Other than a sleeve I can't imagine putting it in a case for reading with it. That would put it at 2.5 pounds or more! You would need to lift weights just to hold it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sugar said:
I am thinking about ordering a Extra Large Oberon Journal, to use with the Amazon cover for the DX.
I was thinking it might work ,since the K2 with the amazon cover works with the large oberon journal.
The KDX measures 10.4" x 7.2" x0.38" and the extra large oberon journal measures 11.50" x 8.75 " .
Seems like it should work in my head anyways lol
Any others who are getting the KDX thought about this option?
Unfortunately, I've also considered Oberon options for the KDX. I know I'm going to have to buy -- at least one! I've owned my K2 for a little over a month, and I already have 2 Oberons. Arrghh!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jazzi said:
Unfortunately, I've also considered Oberon options for the KDX. I know I'm going to have to buy -- at least one! I've owned my K2 for a little over a month, and I already have 2 Oberons. Arrghh!
lol yeah Oberons are addicting but they are also beautiful and so well made.
I am sure with time there will be lots of covers and cases options,however I think the extra large journal coupled with the KDX amazon cover will work really well and look great,and provide good protection of course.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lisanr said:
The bigger kindle is 18 ounces. Other than a sleeve I can't imagine putting it in a case for reading with it. That would put it at 2.5 pounds or more! You would need to lift weights just to hold it.
Hmmm you might have a point,however, until Oberon comes out with KDX covers(which they will do) I see it as a viable option.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leslie said:
Don't you think Oberon will come out with a KDX cover?

L
I am sure they will eventually.They are going to need to get their hands on one and so on before they come out with one.
I just figured this might be a good option until then,and I use journals anyways so I wouldn't be out anything really.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Sugar said:
I am sure they will eventually.They are going to need to get their hands on one and so on before they come out with one.
I just figured this might be a good option until then,and I use journals anyways so I wouldn't be out anything really.
Maybe if you emailed them now and let them know you were waiting for a DX they might want you to be one of their beta testers. I've never been a beta tester but I know a few others have. At least you would know you'd be one of the 1st ones with an oberon dx cover!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
koolmnbv said:
Maybe if you emailed them now and let them know you were waiting for a DX they might want you to be one of their beta testers. I've never been a beta tester but I know a few others have. At least you would know you'd be one of the 1st ones with an oberon dx cover!
I never thought of that.I think I will send them an email and see what they say.
Thanks for the suggestion :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sugar said:
I never thought of that.I think I will send them an email and see what they say.
Thanks for the suggestion :)
I guess there is no point in picking me for a beta tester. They know I'll pay for it. :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Leslie said:
Don't you think Oberon will come out with a KDX cover?

L
Might take a little time but I'm sure they will.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts