Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Avenue of Trees in Saddle.  Can those of you who have this bag tell me what color the back is?  From the pictures I saw here on the Kindle Boards, the Red Roses bag had a plain red back.  However, while browsing through EBay I came across some Oberon bags, and all of the totes had black leather backs.  I never even considered that the back of the bag would not be the same color as the front, and would really not be happy about it.  Please help!
Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am curious to see the answer to this also, a black ,back of the bag would not be pretty. It should match the front of the bag, I agree.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
We have at least a couple of members with handbags, as I recall.  Perhaps one of them will find this post and answer.  I think there are even pictures somewhere.

Betsy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JetJammer said:
I don't know about the Avenue of Trees, but I have the River Garden handbag in red, and the back is a solid red that matches the front.
That does make me feel better. I did some browsing around the Internet, and came up with this EBay store:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Monkey-House-Hobby-and-Home__oberon_W0QQ_dmdZ2QQ_sasiZ1QQ_sidZ1241044QQ_sopZ1QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=2

The company also seems to sell through a couple of online stores, which I found through Google. If you look closely, the handles of the tote bags do not have the 2 color stripes, and all of them have black backs. They're priced at $235.99, while the handbags on the Oberon site are $236.

My guess is that this company is selling a copy, although I can't imagine why. They say there's a 2 week wait, so even if one wanted to get Oberon merchandise faster, this wouldn't help. However, if you just Google Oberon leather bag, some of these sites do come up. Maybe this company is counting on people not being directed from other sites? As in "Oh, I love your bag, who makes that?" "A company called Oberon." Then this person goes home and Googles Oberon.

One more interesting point- this company doesn't seem to make a Kindle cover.

Berni

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Just write to the guys at Obeon, they will get back to you quickly and let you know. They are very nice and if it is black, they might be willing to make one with a matching back for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MAGreen said:
Just write to the guys at Obeon, they will get back to you quickly and let you know. They are very nice and if it is black, they might be willing to make one with a matching back for you.
Oh, thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I wonder if maybe the ones being sold at the above ebay store are a leather substitute?  That would mean their materials are not nearly as expensive and they are making a larger profit, all whilst selling their items under the guise of being Oberon products.  Shame on them! 

·
Registered
473 Posts
bernilynn said:
That does make me feel better. I did some browsing around the Internet, and came up with this EBay store:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Monkey-House-Hobby-and-Home__oberon_W0QQ_dmdZ2QQ_sasiZ1QQ_sidZ1241044QQ_sopZ1QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=2

The company also seems to sell through a couple of online stores, which I found through Google. If you look closely, the handles of the tote bags do not have the 2 color stripes, and all of them have black backs. They're priced at $235.99, while the handbags on the Oberon site are $236.

My guess is that this company is selling a copy, although I can't imagine why. They say there's a 2 week wait, so even if one wanted to get Oberon merchandise faster, this wouldn't help. However, if you just Google Oberon leather bag, some of these sites do come up. Maybe this company is counting on people not being directed from other sites? As in "Oh, I love your bag, who makes that?" "A company called Oberon." Then this person goes home and Googles Oberon.

One more interesting point- this company doesn't seem to make a Kindle cover.

Berni
Wow the ebay ones do have a solid black back, there not nearly as nice as an Oberon then, with a colored back. And basically the same price.
Ebay has been known to have knock off purses for years, although recently they( Ebay) have cracked down on the practice.
I wonder if Oberon knows about them....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got the saddle Avenue of Trees.  The back is the same color as the front.  It's a bumpy leather.  The interior is black.

·
Registered
339 Posts
CherylH said:
I've got the saddle Avenue of Trees. The back is the same color as the front. It's a bumpy leather. The interior is black.
Did you purchase from Ebay or directly from Oberon?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CherylH said:
I've got the saddle Avenue of Trees. The back is the same color as the front. It's a bumpy leather. The interior is black.
Ah, Cheryl, thanks SO much!! I was really worried! Now I'm back to being excited- mine should be here Tuesday!

I did write to Oberon and tell them about this other company. I'll let you all know what they say.

·
Registered
26 Posts
BambiB said:
Did you purchase from Ebay or directly from Oberon?
I got it directly from Oberon. I had a mini shopping spree when I ordered my Kindle cover--it made it a lot easier to narrow down my choice(s) when I picked a different pattern for each item. ;-)

·
Registered
339 Posts
MineKinder said:
I will be interested to know, what Oberon says about the handbags on ebay!
Are they imitations of Oberon?!?
It kinda appears so. Hmm...I'll be interested to see what Oberon has to say as well!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wrote to CS at Oberon, asking if they knew about these bags.  Here's the response:

Yes Bernie they are our bags! They've taken the text directly from our site. A bit presumptuous!!

I just replied, asking why those bags have black backs, and the original Oberons don't.  I'll let you all know.

Berni

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And the answer, from Don at Oberon:

"Because most recently we started doing all the same color, We used to do Black backs."

So there you have it.  Lucky for me!  And UPS has those wonderful three little words on their tracking site:

OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts