Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.. I was hoping to get some help.... I'm thinking of getting an Oberon Journal cover for my K2 & amazon cover. I really like the Celtic Oak.... but I can't decide on a color. Suggestions would be great... Here's pics of my K2 with skin...

& Here's a link to the cover I like: http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=208

Also, I was wondering... those that have the Amazon/Oberon cover... is it considerably larger & heavier than the K2 w/ just the Amazon? Pretty easy to fold back when reading?
Any Virginians have this?
thanks so much for your help :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I vote wine!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PJ said:
I just got my Oberon K2 Cover (River Garden in red) and it is definitely heavier than the Amazon cover. I saw a post somewhere that showed the weights of the various covers I think the Amazon came in at about 6.5 oz and the Oberon is about 9.2 oz http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,6053.0.html
WOW! When you combine them together it's going to be pretty heavy :( Maybe I won't alter the Amazon cover & use it when I'm home, etc.. & Oberon for her "outdoor wear"

Thanks everyone for the input.. please keep it coming :)
I was looking at Green or Chocolate... but Green won't go with my skin... anyone have a Chocolate? I'm assuming it's the dark leather.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm in central VA, just west of Fredericksburg, and I have two Oberon covers, red Sky Dragon for my K1 and red Sun for my K2. I can't compare with the Amazon cover, but several other threads have discussions of that, weight, protection, etc. I love the Oberon covers. Mine fold back easily and are very comfortable and solid to hold, besides being beautiful, of course.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I agree that saddle would be nice.  But purple or wine might set the skin off nicely, too.  I think of skins as more disposable that covers (because they're so much cheaper!), so I'd just get the color that you'll like the best long term.

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
If you are going with the Oberon Journal, I think one of the blacks would be striking - maybe Tribal on page 5 (I tried to get the picture here and am doing something wrong), or one of the celtic designs in either the Journal or K2 cover.  Have fun choosing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts