Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
WOWOWOWOWOWOW.. LOVE these!!! what is the link??

Never mind.. found the link and I recognize the website.. Just my opinion.. the skins they do are beautiful but for me they were nearly impossible to remove.. I had one for my HP Mini and it took alot of muscle to remove it and I could not resuse it after that like I could the decal girl ones

If you don't remove them often they are a nice product.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow! Those are really interesting -- I don't know how I'd feel opening up my Oberon cover to see, essentially, another Oberon cover, and I like my designs on the front with an integrated screensaver rather than on the back, but the fact that there are now Oberon-inspired Kindle skins is definitely an indication of Oberon's popularity! =)

I like 3acp's designs more than Decalgirl's, for the most part, but I'm wary of buying a skin from them. If only 3acp had addressed -- or at least responded to -- Kindle users' concerns about adhesive residue being left behind post-removal...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Seconded... I'm not going to even consider 3acp skins until I know I can remove them without "gunk"

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
jesspark (LOVE that photo!!)

that was the issue I had.. my Mini had gunk on it, the skin tore and stretched so badly on removal.. I admit my decal girl skins were a breeze to deal with and I could resuse them.  They just seem to use alot of adhesive.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jesspark said:
Wow! Those are really interesting -- I don't know how I'd feel opening up my Oberon cover to see, essentially, another Oberon cover, and I like my designs on the front with an integrated screensaver rather than on the back, but the fact that there are now Oberon-inspired Kindle skins is definitely an indication of Oberon's popularity! =)

I like 3acp's designs more than Decalgirl's, for the most part, but I'm wary of buying a skin from them. If only 3acp had addressed -- or at least responded to -- Kindle users' concerns about adhesive residue being left behind post-removal...
I agree, it would be odd to have those on there, although I could see the use for them if you like subtle designs and maybe had the cover in a different color.

I hear ya on the 3acp gunk issue. I am using a 3acp and love it, though I haven't tried to change it yet. My experience with decal girl was so-so, the Bayou sunset looked out of focus and pixelated.... although I have ordered another skin from them anyways. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
maybe I'm just getting old but that 3acp site is a pain in the arse.  took me ages to even realize I had to scroll down more to even see the list of available covers then had to struggle to just find the particular one I was looking for.  i kept clicking on 'Amazon Kindle 2'  but nothing was seeming to happen.

·
Registered
723 Posts
It is NOT a well planned site.
PITA for sure.

Eric

ear said:
maybe I'm just getting old but that 3acp site is a pain in the arse. took me ages to even realize I had to scroll down more to even see the list of available covers then had to struggle to just find the particular one I was looking for. i kept clicking on 'Amazon Kindle 2' but nothing was seeming to happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts