Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw pidgeons BEAUTIFUL peacock oberon journal in the new blue color and it got me thinking. I definitely NEED something in this new blue color and I LOVE the peacock design.

My question is, is there anyway to keep the journal as a fully functional journal (with the paper) but also attach the k2?

Kind of like a binder with some paper but also with folders attached in there as well. I realize the oberon journals are not made like binders so it wouldn't work the same way, but is it possible to keep it as a functional journal as well as a k2 cover at the same time?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I happened to have an oberon large journal sitting next to my k2, so I removed the k2 and placed it loosely inside the oberon journal and it worked, as long as i took the front cover of the journal insert out of the oberon journal cover front pocket and let it hang loose.  I think you could somehow attach the K2 to the inside front of the oberon journal cover and use the insert with it's back cover inserted into the back cover of the oberon journal, you could do it.  It's really heavy though.  Doable, though.  Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks so much, it sounds like it may be better just to order the journal as a journal. Is the k2 still secure when it is in there the way you explained?

For some reason I am having trouble picturing/imagining it the way you explained.

·
Registered
601 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Ok thanks so much, it sounds like it may be better just to order the journal as a journal. Is the k2 still secure when it is in there the way you explained?

For some reason I am having trouble picturing/imagining it the way you explained.
Sorry for the confusion...as I wrote it, I knew it would be difficult to understand...I had just laid the k2 inside the journal to see if the thickness was right...it was not secured at all...you would have to find a way to secure it with velcro perhaps? you would have to put velcro on the back of your k2 and on the journal and stick them together, i would think. again, the journal insert book (it has a black front and back hard cover that fit into pockets in the oberon journal cover) would need to be floating free on the left side...i.e. when you opened your oberon journal cover, you would see the K2 attached to the left side and the hard front cover of the journal insert on the right. you would then have to open the journal insert to write something which would make the journal insert hard cover flop against your k2. hard to explain...i really think it would be too much to try to have your journal and k2 together inside the oberon journal cover. it's soooooo heavy and cumbersome that way. you would also have to be so careful to make sure the k2 screen didn't get bonked with the journal insert cover or something else...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I know some KB members have used the Amazon case for the K2 inside of the Large Oberon Journal (ie: in lieu of the black journal itself).  I personally don't see how you would be able to have the journal insert and the K2 in the Journal together w/out damaging the K2.  I'd wait and see if Oberon is going to offer the Peacock as one of their new Kindle Cover designs.  It "won" the poll that Patrizia conducted a few days ago.  Check the thread "Oberon needs your help......."

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks so much for the advice.

I understand much better now pawlaw. At first I couldn't picture what you meant and how the k2 would fit into the journal along with the insert but I understand perfectly now. I think it would probably be too much of a hassel now understanding it better. Also you are right it would be pretty heavy, and the k2 could get damaged and bumped very easily.

I NEED want a k2 peacock cover. But I also want a journal so I will have to figure it out, or just probably buy both! Thanks again for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts