Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don from Oberon called me this morning, they are doing the covers but are talking about doing away with  the little mini slot for the SD card (since we don't need it on the K2) he wanted to know if there was something they should add.. he mentioned he thought just the business card holder would be fine but wanted to get feedback from you guys.. but I need it ASAP I only have a four and  a half hour window since he wants to get started.. order the dyes.. etc.. can you give me your feeback as soon as you get this..

He wants to make sure the covers are perfect

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would say that either a pouch for Biz cards would be one of the best ideas.  Although I don't have a current Oberon so I have nothing to compare it to other than images.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have slipped the ear phones behind the leather on the left, since you want the front to lay flat to the kindle, did you have a particular idea on mine

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
No, I don't have my cover yet.  And so I  didn't know that they would fit there.  sounds like that would work to me  ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would say that there is no need for an SD card. Not a current Oberon owner, but I am definitely interested in it.

Also, while you are talking to them, you should let them know that there is a LOT of interest in an Oberon with hinges.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Looking at my current cover, I think they could easily leave the piece of leather on the inside of the cover - just have it be a uniform height and pull the middle stitches.  Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
andrea

you mean at the spine to slip in head phones? Also we talked about the hinges and due to the way the leather is tooled and that the hinge appears to be a patent product he may not be able to do much with that.. but I will mention it to him

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Not really.  On my current cover, there is a piece of leather on the inside of the front cover at the bottom.  The left part is at least 3/4 of the width.  Then there is a seam that fors the SD card pocket.
They could just leave that piece of leather in there and take out the seam that forms the SD pocket.
Or they could take it out all together.
People were asking about the thickness of the Oberon covers since the K2 is so slim.  So there really isn't a NEED to have anything on the cover except the pad to protect the screen.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for me I like the business card holder.. I use it and if my kindle is lost I am stupid enough to think some kind soul will find my card so I do want them to keep that part in.  but I agree with you on the SD pocket.. that can go

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
No sd card slot needed. I hope they will keep the inside flap/pockets as they are now, that's where I stick my hand in from the left to hold the K1. I would want to do the same with K2. I am talking about the flaps where the sheets of stiff material are in to keep the cover stiff.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Atuna

I am ON that one , I know exactly what you mean I love those.. I slip my hand in them when I read all the time

·
Registered
180 Posts
Patrizia are they looking to implement the hinges, I just found out M-Edge are doing them and corners, so they must not be hard.  

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I JUST got off the phone with Don and he said he didn't think they would do the hinges for a number of reasons.. the first one being the few people that all ready have them seem to still be using velcro to secure the kindle on the cover even with the hinges..also due to the weight of the covers they don't want to add more.. they want to streamline them a bit more and take the bulk out of the middle.

Not to mention since they are not a huge company to get them would be a larger cost then someone like a mass producer like Medge has which means it would jack up consumer costs.  I also notice many of the Medge covers do not have the hinges, maybe they have two types.. also none of the others like the cole hahns seem to have this either.. I think its a nice feature but reading that people are still putting velcro on it with the hinge does not seem to make sense to me.  I have one on order since I know my oberon wont arrive for several weeks so I will have to look at it. But as of now its not cost effective. IF that changes I will let you know ASAP

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No worries.. Velcro is a done deal!!!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Patrizia said:
they want to streamline them a bit more and take the bulk out of the middle.
This is what I am hoping for..... ;D

1 - 20 of 88 Posts