Kindle Forum banner

Do you own an Oberon Kindle cover/journal? (Or two, or three, or four, or...)

• Yes

Votes: 185 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.3%
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Yes but have not posted pictures yet.  Will try to get them on the boards tomorrow.

My KK cover is Dragon Roost in the wine color.  Pictures are in the "Post Oberon Pictures here" thread.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A red sun K2 cover here. I love Sol*, but the picture of the red gingko cover about made me lose my religion -- I wanted a fern ginko K2 cover and settled for the sun.

*Potentially the only named cover on a nameless Kindle.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My husband has the saddle Tree of Life for his K1, I'm currently using my purple ROH on my K2, and saving up for the navy Hokusai wave cover, which I've long admired as well. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe by the time I'm ready to order one, Oberon will also offer it in that lovely new sapphire/sky blue shade. I think that would be so gorgeous!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have an Avenue of Trees in Fern.  I bought a Saddle Hokusai Wave checkbook cover for my husband for last Christmas, and it was a big hit, and made so well that I ordered my Avenue of Trees.  I really love it.  It is just gorgeous to me.  It protects Tyrella whenever we travel.  I bought a gently used Dragonfly Pond Fern cover, but felt so guilty about spending more on covers, that I sold it right away to a woman who really loves it.  That worked out very well.  Now my guilt has lessened and I am considering buying another Oberon cover.  The photos here are so amazingly beautiful....... I am crazy for the purple Roof of Heaven.... Sigh   :'(

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have the Purple "Greenman" design large journal that I've converted to a Kiindle cover along with my Amazon cover. If they would ever allow this design to be made into a regular Kindle cover I'd get it hopefully in the same color (I'd consider it in the taupe, red or navy also, but my first choice is purple).

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I had the Dragonfly Pond for my K1 which just went to a good home. I bought the Tree of Life for my Daughters K1. I just bought the Hokusai Wave for my new K2. Love Oberon and will being buying more items from them. :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have a Celtic Hounds journal that a friend bought me when we were at an arts type fair in the 1986-88 year range.  I don't remember exactly the year, even though I've used it every day since.  I also have a Celtic hounds Kindle 2 cover, in wine (same as the journal) I bought.  The difference between the two, aside from size and corners, is that the journal I got in the 80's has the hounds on the spine and the back.  I knew the kindle cover didn't, because it was described well on the purchasing page.  I wonder if the journals still come with as much detail as when I got mine.  I may visit their site, again, and look.  I don't know if the Celtic hounds journal came in different sizes then.  The man was at the "fair" and was making the journals in the booth he had.  Basically it was a sort of thing where you go and see how the artists produce their work.  It was a great experience.  My "friend" paid $65 for it then.  And I still love it.  Although, I can't say I still love him, I'm fond of him though  ;)

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Saddle Creek Bed Maple for my KK
Purple Iris Journal
several checkbook covers

I am holding off on the K2 case since I am curious to see the modifications they are making to the buttons.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the K2 cover Hokusai Wave in taupe and last night DH bought me a Hummingbirds large journal cover in PURPLE for Mother's day.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have Tree of Life in saddle and Red River Garden. I want green Forest and Three Graces in wine but not sure I can justify 4 cover. I use my TOL for winter and fall and my RRG for spring and summer. I love them, great craftsmanship.

·
Registered
621 Posts
jesspark said:
I know a good number of us here on KindleBoards own an Oberon cover (or converted journal) for our Kindle(s), but I was curious as to how large that number actually is. Let's try to find out! =)
I have a purple Roof of Heaven on Serenity and I also bought a red Sky Dragon for my KK. The KK and cover went to my Younger son.

patrisha

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I'm enjoying my fern Forest K2 cover every single day, and love it more every day too  ;D! And I also have a red Ginko check book... And I just ordered 2 new charms (the leaf and the welch dragon) that are on their way to me...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts