Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the M-edge sale I am really leaning toward grabbing either the navy or mocha/tan M-edge cover, but hubby offered to get me the purple fairy Oberon for our anniversary if I really want it.  I admit I wanted it at first, because purple is MY color, but the more I look at it I am not sure if I am in love with the smaller design on the front and am curious about the actual color of purple.

So.... I am wondering if anyone has any pics of theirs and what they think of it? 

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I had the Purple Butterfly cover (sold it) and have the Fairy business card holder. The color is GORGEOUS! I've already preordered the Butterfly cover for my K2.

Pictures do not do this color justice. It's a rich deep purple.

I like the Fairy design, but like you, felt the design was a bit too small for the cover.

Give me a few and I'll post pictures for you.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
It's up! It's up! I just talked to Becca and they made the decision today to do it in Purple instead of saddle! They changed it because they had SO many requests for a color other than saddle.

OH MY HEAVENS IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I might have to cancel my butterfly for this.

I called to double check and make sure becuase I wasn't sure if it was blue, but she said it is PURPLE!

River Garden in Red is also up...

Edited to add they added the K2 as well...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I have the purple fairy, and I love it.  It's darker and less blue than it looks on the website.  I'd call it a "pure" purple - pretty well balanced between red and blue.  I'm happy with the design on the cover, but then I wasn't really into the wraparound designs.  It looks like roof of heaven is now available in purple, if you'd prefer that design.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You had me alllll kinds of excited. I have been stalking that website and was just there not 20 minutes ago. I rushed to open the site and NOTHING!! LOL! I want to order for K2!

Edit: If they will make it in purple, why not blue?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been waiting for River Garden for ages but upon reading the description it says that the image is only on the front cover  ??? also says that for Roof of Heaven, I just emailed them to find out if that was a typo or if it really is true, if it is I'm really bummed about that. 

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
Edit: If they will make it in purple, why not blue?????
From their website:

Why do some images have more color choices than others?
Dense images we produce that are complex ( full of lines) are extremely difficult to work with in certain colors. To keep our waste costs down, and therefore the price of our products, we don't offer these journals in difficult colors. Also, these images are difficult to see on dark colored leather. We want you to be happy with your purchase and try to protect you from being disappointed!!

They don't offer the Roof of Heaven Journal in Blue either...Sorry.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Qwyn said:
Been waiting for River Garden for ages but upon reading the description it says that the image is only on the front cover ??? also says that for Roof of Heaven, I just emailed them to find out if that was a typo or if it really is true, if it is I'm really bummed about that.
Probably a typo...That's happened before on the wrap arounds.

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
Qwyn said:
Been waiting for River Garden for ages but upon reading the description it says that the image is only on the front cover ??? also says that for Roof of Heaven, I just emailed them to find out if that was a typo or if it really is true, if it is I'm really bummed about that.
The full image shows the wraparound design. I just got my Forest cover for Valentines, but I LOVE the River Garden. I am seriously going to have to delete Oberon from my favorites link.

·
Registered
3 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Probably a typo...That's happened before on the wrap arounds.
Oh I hope you are right, was already pulling out my cc to order when I read that. hehe

·
Registered
3 Posts
crebel said:
The full image shows the wraparound design. I just got my Forest cover for Valentines, but I LOVE the River Garden. I am seriously going to have to delete Oberon from my favorites link.
Ya I did notice that also but just want to make sure it is in fact wraparound. :) Better to be safe, than sorry. hehe *slinks back into lurker mode* ;)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
It's up! It's up! I just talked to Becca and they made the decision today to do it in Purple instead of saddle! They changed it because they had SO many requests for a color other than saddle.

OH MY HEAVENS IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I might have to cancel my butterfly for this.

I called to double check and make sure becuase I wasn't sure if it was blue, but she said it is PURPLE!

River Garden in Red is also up...

Edited to add they added the K2 as well...
That's it, my decision is made - the purple roof of heaven.

Here is the e-mail exchange I had with Oberon over the last couple of days:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 4:58 PM
To: 'Oberon Design'
Subject: RE: Kindle 2 covers
Thank you for your prompt reply. Is your Roof of Heaven design for Kindle 2 going to be in Saddle? If you made it in Purple, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

DD

"For now, Saddle!

Don Tucker
Customer Service
[email protected] "

Do you think they changed their mind just because I asked them to? Ha-ha

·
Registered
455 Posts
DD:
If they changed it for you, I wish you would have asked for blue! LOL!

Oh well, it is beautiful in purple. Now to stalk the DecalGirl site until they have skins for the K2!  ;D

Congrats Luv on 1000 posts!!! I hope to catch up with you some day.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Purple Roof of Heaven is just gorgeous.  Just ordered it too.

1 - 20 of 457 Posts