Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went and did a ghost cart at Oberon:  1 lg. Peacock journal, a Pond K2 Cover and a pack of refill inserts, shipping to NY.  USPS Priority came in at a little over $22 (WHAT???), and UPS ground  and Fed-Ex ground were each around $11.  Which one is generally faster, UPS or Fed-Ex?

·
Registered
921 Posts
When I order from Oberon, I always use USPS.  It's the cheapest and has always been to my house in less than a week from the time I ordered it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used USPS the previous 2 times I ordered from Oberon, but it was only about $6 then.  I think $22 is a bit excessive........I know they raised their rates, but really.  Also, I thought there was a flat rate box, whatever fit in was around $12 IIRC.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
luvmy4brats said:
Ruby,

It's got to be the inserts. I ordered my cover and had it shipped vias USPS and is was only $8 something. You might want to call them.

USPS gets here much faster than UPS and it's a few dollars cheaper. Today was the first time I saw Fedex as an option, i haven't used them from Oberon before.
Luvmy, you're probably right, I bet the inserts are heavy. I wonder if I can get the same/similar quality at Staples or something (although I'd rather support Oberon if I can) but $22 is too much for postage. I will definitely give them a call.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think it also has to do with the number of items your ordering.  One item is 8.10 and two is 15 something and three..............

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I ordered the large peacock journal the other day.... I'm hoping there is a Moleskine notebook that will fit nicely in there.... I like the ones with the grid pattern on the paper.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pidgeon92 said:
I ordered the large peacock journal the other day.... I'm hoping there is a Moleskine notebook that will fit nicely in there.... I like the ones with the grid pattern on the paper.
They seem like they would fit just fine. I revised my cart and took the inserts out and USPS was $14.70 for the other 2 items. Guess I'm just going to have to eat that.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Ruby296 said:
They seem like they would fit just fine. I revised my cart and took the inserts out and USPS was $14.70 for the other 2 items. Guess I'm just going to have to eat that.
I shall be testing it out as soon as the journal arrives.... It'll give me something to buy the next time a Border's coupon is available. ;D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
If you find the Moleskines fit, would you please post that?  There are a few of those that I like a lot better than the Oberon refills--I hate not having lines.  Being able to reliably and easily find a lined insert might make the journal covers more appealing.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
VictoriaP said:
If you find the Moleskines fit, would you please post that?
Absolutely. I am sure a lot of journals will fit just fine, I will check a bunch of options.... I noticed recently that Barnes & Noble had a lot of (uglyyyy) journals in the bargain section, if they fit in the cover nobody will ever see the original cover.... ;D

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
I used USPS because it's priority USPS, which for me coast-to-coast is faster than UPS.  I wasn't pleased that since I ordered three items at once that it cost more than $14.00. The second and third items were a card case and a very lightweight bookmark.  The actual postage charged them that was printed on the label was $4.80. 

My next purchases from Oberon will be one thing at a time.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
mlewis78 said:
I used USPS because it's priority USPS, which for me coast-to-coast is faster than UPS. I wasn't pleased that since I ordered three items at once that it cost more than $14.00. The second and third items were a card case and a very lightweight bookmark. The actual postage charged them that was printed on the label was $4.80.

My next purchases from Oberon will be one thing at a time.
I would write and complain about that. Normally I hate to do anything like that, but being charged $10 more than the cost is excessive. I would have to say something about it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I had both my Oberon orders shipped USPS. Had both within a few days, and didn't have to worry about not being home when the Brown Truck arrived...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went to Staples and found some nice hard cover journals for $7.99 each.  It didn't occur to me look in the clearance section at B and N (I rarely go there anymore), but I'll check there too.  Thanks for that tip!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts