Kindle Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Thank you Sivia, Sandpiper, Shitzu & Ruby. Yes, I'm so excited. Just in time for the holidays. Okay, I think that will be my new plan. I will take off the soft velcro, trim if needed, & place on by hand. I think I may put post it notes on as someone has already mentioned, to mark my placement. What a great idea. If it doesn't work, I still have nothing to lose. Ruby, I have the older red M-edge cover. I got that last month, just before they came out with the newer covers with the lights. I really like that cover as well. I've had no complaints using it. I would still like to use that cover as well, but that's what I'm saying before I get the Oberon Cover on. LOL! Toby

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Toby said:
Thank you Sivia, Sandpiper, Shitzu & Ruby. Yes, I'm so excited. Just in time for the holidays. Okay, I think that will be my new plan. I will take off the soft velcro, trim if needed, & place on by hand. I think I may put post it notes on as someone has already mentioned, to mark my placement. What a great idea. If it doesn't work, I still have nothing to lose. Ruby, I have the older red M-edge cover. I got that last month, just before they came out with the newer covers with the lights. I really like that cover as well. I've had no complaints using it. I would still like to use that cover as well, but that's what I'm saying before I get the Oberon Cover on. LOL! Toby
Yes, it's a great gift for the holidays! Good luck w/the velcro, may take a little bit of adjustment but I'm sure you'll get it on just fine. I've heard that the older M-edge covers are better than the new ones, but I didn't know about them until only the new ones were available. Oh well, that's ok, will keep it to use w/the light for traveling!
Enjoy!
Ruby

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I did it!! I did it!!! I think I have a stomach ache from holding in my breath. LOL! What I did was track down the picture that someone, Leslie, I think, posted with the testing cover from Oberon, just to get some visual idea, even if they moved the velcro down as someone had suggested to Oberon. I used my post it notes to track position. I did the side 1st. That was easy. The harder part was taking off the back battery cover & putting it back to make sure that the velcro didn't overlap the edge. I've only done that a few times. I woke my kindle to check out the right side, next buttons. They worked. I put the Kindle to sleep. Then I did the bottom. No problem again. The top - I could not seem to eyeball where to place the velcro. Was it as in the picture or was it next to the battery case. I place the velcro not quite on the edge of the battery, but left a tiny space & every so slightly crooked. Don't like that. I tried to pull it off. I never pressed down, but it was on tight. Must have had more sticky stuff on that piece. I place the kindle in the cover. I could have left it, but velcro needed to line up against the battery cover. Somehow, I found myself standing. I was nervous about pulling it off. I started to do it correctly, low & parallel to the Kindle back. I needed some strength to continue to pull it off. I then realized with fright, that I was pulling off the velcro with it going up, not parallel. I was so afraid that maybe I ruined the velcro. I don't know the reason for pulling it off parallel. Maybe it's so you don't stretch it out. Anyway, thankfully, I got it back on okay. So, for anyone getting velcro, position it along the battery case. If I am not right, feel free to correct me. Then, I wasn't sure how far to the left, top & bottom to place in my cover. It's in. I know it doesn't have to be exact, but I want it to be. -:) I also did not have to trim the velcro. I didn't cover the speakers & just left any length run to the right. It's not bad. The cover is georgeous with my leopard spots skin. Both are brown, although anything goes with brown as it's a neutral color. I'm sure you've heard that brown is the new black. It's a hit with everyone. I love the feel of the cover. It's so tactile. Oh, I must smell it. Haven't done that yet. Thank you all for your help. I can't wait to hear about your new covers.
Toby

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I'm glad you got the velcro on. Sounds like you did great. It's very forgiving if it's not exact though, so don't sweat the placement in the cover.

I'm one who didn't care for the new M-Edge. I have arthritis in my hands and I just couldn't hold it as comfortably as the old ones (it also doesn't help that I have small hands). I will admit the color was absolutely stunning (sapphire blue, more of a dark turquoise). I wanted so badly to like it. If Oberon ever comes out with a similar color I'll be in BIG trouble!

Oh and I didn't get my Butterfly today, but that's ok, I'll have it soon and can use the Tree of Life until it gets here.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Thanks luvmy4brats! I'm sorry that you didn't like your new M-edge. Yep, that color sounds wonderful. Are you going to send the cover back? I've read that some people had problems with folding back the newer covers, so don't feel bad. I hope your new cover comes soon. Let us know how you like it when it comes.
Toby

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Toby said:
Thanks luvmy4brats! I'm sorry that you didn't like your new M-edge. Yep, that color sounds wonderful. Are you going to send the cover back? I've read that some people had problems with folding back the newer covers, so don't feel bad. I hope your new cover comes soon. Let us know how you like it when it comes.
Toby
I had intended to send it back, but am now giving it to my daughter. She got a Kindle yesterday and I told her she could either have that one or one of my 2 remaining older M-Edge covers. She chose that one. She's perfectly happy with it.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts