Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of these pics are off of the Oberon site but the colors look very different to me. Can someone who owns Tree of Life tell me which photo is more accurate? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I cannot tell for sure, as I don't own one, but it looks as if they are two separate products (a Kindle cover and a journal, perhaps).  There is a "button" missing from the bottom one. 

If so, then I would guess that the colors are accurate for the respective item. 

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
One looks like before the cover has fed, and one looks like after.

·
Registered
224 Posts
mine looks like the top pic :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
On my monitor, the top one looks more like my ToL Kindle cover - but you know how monitors are...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
kari said:
What does that mean?? ???
It means that one is more vibrant, leading me to think the book is vampiric and feeds off ink...

or blood.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it sounds like the top one is more accurate and that's good news!  If it really looked like the bottom picture, I was going to change my order.  That's wayyy too blahhh....even for an earth-tone loving gal like myself.  :D

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kari, mine looks like the top photo, too.  Are you getting the TOL cover?

I'm thinking of the Creekbed Maple for my K2, but it also looks a slightly different colors on the Oberon website, somewhere in between the two colors in the pictures above.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I have TOL on order for K2.  I still kind of want a purple cover though!

I know what you mean about Creekbed Maple - it looks a little darker maybe?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
My daughter's ToL looks more like the top one. Actually, on second glance, that is pretty close to exact.

L

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It was be faster to mention the Oberons that I don't want.  :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I recently received my first oberon from a K2 upgrader....  I love it.
It is the tree of life and looks closer to the top photo.... just not as orange to my eye.
Still vibrant and not washed out as the bottom photo.
Good luck.

·
Registered
615 Posts
mumsicalwhimsy said:
I recently received my first oberon from a K2 upgrader.... I love it.
It is the tree of life and looks closer to the top photo.... just not as orange to my eye.
Still vibrant and not washed out as the bottom photo.
Good luck.
As someone who doesn't have an Oberon but was once tempted, it's Shizu's photo that is most attractive to me. Love that adorable avatar too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts