Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that the Velcro cover will work w/the K2?  There is only 1/2" height difference between K1 and K2 and I would love it if I could keep using it.
Ruby

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ruby said:
Does anyone think that the Velcro cover will work w/the K2? There is only 1/2" height difference between K1 and K2 and I would love it if I could keep using it.
Ruby
I'm hoping. I took a quilting ruler to my velcro oberon and centered it to 8". There is a fraction it seems left over. It really seemed to be a itty bit. I'm also wondering about the bottom velcro part. On the left side if you use the entire strip it will cover part of the speaker. I'm thinking that would not make a difference with the sound but wondering about sticky stuff over the speaker holes and it getting warm.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Because of the Velcro, you could probably make it fit.  It is going to hang over a little bit. 

Did you buy your Oberon just because it's pretty or do you want some protection for your Kindle?  Personally, I wouldn't think my K was very well protected if it's hanging outside of the case.  Sell that Oberon either here or on ebay.  Oberon will have new covers out soon.  I don't think it's worth the risk, but maybe you do.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheshirenc said:
I'm also wondering about the bottom velcro part. On the left side if you use the entire strip it will cover part of the speaker. I'm thinking that would not make a difference with the sound but wondering about sticky stuff over the speaker holes and it getting warm.
Good point, I hadn't thought about that.
sebat said:
Because of the Velcro, you could probably make it fit. It is going to hang over a little bit.

Did you buy your Oberon just because it's pretty or do you want some protection for your Kindle? Personally, I wouldn't think my K was very well protected if it's hanging outside of the case. Sell that Oberon either here or on ebay. Oberon will have new covers out soon. I don't think it's worth the risk, but maybe you do.
I bought it b/c I thought it was a great cover-beautiful to look at, while also offering good protection. I agree w/you that if the K hangs out the side it defeats the purpose, so no, not worth the risk at all.
Ruby

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Guys Newbie here.

I am also hoping I can use my tree of life cover on the K2  mine measured 8 inches.  I really can't afford a new Oberon.  I just put my tree of life up for sale here.  If it does not sell I will keep it and try to make it work.  They are both 8 inches so I hope it is doable

1 - 11 of 11 Posts