Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Can someone that has both an Oberon and M edge tell me about the weight/thickness if the M edged as compared to the Oberon?  I sold my Oberon and have an M edge on order It is taking  forever  for the M edge to ship so I am thining about going back to the Oberon  I  wanted something a little thinner than the Oberon.  I have the Amazon cover now which I love but skinks to high heavens that will be going back today.  Thanks guys

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you are talking about kindle 2 then the amazon cover does stop smelling after a few days. No one has gotten either an m-edge or an oberon for k2 yet but oberon is relatively thick due to the detailing they put in the leather. M-edge may be a bit thinner but from prior experience with the wrap around strap I think it will be harder to fold over flat. M-edge lists weights now for all k2 on there site. They all seem to be around 8.5 ounces which seems awfully heavy for  me personally. I think oberon for k1 was around 10 ounces so it will probably be just a little lighter than than. The amazon cover I believe is 6 ounces and folds flat. I have the amazon case and a cole haan grain case which is a bit lighter than that, plus I do read out of the case atleast half the time since i do find it comfortable and hate extra weight & bulk but thats me !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts