Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang.. Oberon needs your help.. in July they are adding the Ginko and hummingbird to the Kindle collections.. they will be in Red and Fern and the Hummingbird in Red and skiy blue. They want to do a third image so after much discussion they are bringing it to you..

If you have an image and color in mind please state it here.. Here is the website.. the images they are considiering are on pages 1-5 )(large journal tab of the oberondesign.com website).. NONE after page 5 though

I LOVE the the Peacock and Da Vinci.. those are brand new.. so place what you want to see here and lets see if we can get them a third cover.. thanks for your help!!

Make sure you state your cover and color (colors they have of course.. ). and I will put this together and get it to them by Weds night :).. have fun..

Oh Be aware these covers are for the K1, K2 and the DX..

http://oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_list&c=27

UPDATE: YOU HAVE THROUGH TONIGHT (WEDS, JUNE 17, 2009) TOMORROW i AM GOING TO COMPILE YOUR INFO AND THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
I like da Vinci too. . .it looks like an old bound book. . .perfect for Kindle.  I'd do it in Saddle. . . . .

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm going to shoot for my three choices:

#1 - Greenman design in Purple (PLEASE!) and Sky Blue

#2 - Triskellion design in Sky Blue and Purple

#3 - Acanthus Leaf in Taupe and Chocolate

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I really like DaVinci and Peacock - if I have to vote for only one it would be Peacock - gorgeous in Sky Blue, would also be beautiful in Purple. 

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
??? ok, I'm simple minded, so I gotta ask, we are picking a third new one not already a kindle option right?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Acanthus, Daffodil, and Peacock--in that order.  Not picky about colors, but Peacock isn't likely to look as good in anything other that the new blue.

Even thought Daffodil remains my favorite, I think Acanthus is going to draw in people who normally find Oberon's designs too out there. (My husband took one look at their site, and commented, "They do Ren Faires, don't they?" :)  It's an elegant design, surprisingly simple for an overall design, it's going to look good no matter what color is used, and it should make for a more professional looking cover than most of their stuff, which is very much oriented towards the creative/fantasy-reading folks.

(And I'm in the minority, but I think DaVinci isn't up to the caliber of their other designs.  Perhaps I need to see it in another color to appreciate it.)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Meemo said:
I really like DaVinci and Peacock - if I have to vote for only one it would be Peacock - gorgeous in Sky Blue, would also be beautiful in Purple.
Ditto this!! I love them both.

But my vote is

PEACOCK- Sky Blue and Purple

Oh yeah, an go back to the OLD buttons! ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know I'm in the minority but I would love to see ANY of the dragon covers available in the Sky Blue, esp. dragon roost or yin yang dragons! Or waterfall!

Susie

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
1)Triskellion knot in a natural color, wine or saddle
2) I want the 3 graces. I'd already decided to buy it, then found out it isn't kindled! I would also want wine (colored ;)  )
3)Guenevere the Dreamer, in wine.
I would buy any one of these three in wine or saddle. None in any other color.  Actually, I wouldn't buy any of their covers in any other color.  Just a boring color person I guess  :eek: .  But I have an celtic hounds (wine) journal I've had since the early 90's that they made and it has aged so well, I am just so bonded with it, I can't stretch out I guess  :-[

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry.. old buttons are gone forever. .but I hear you, I love them too!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red

three graces is discontinued due to lack of sales BUT if you email them they may still do it for you since they just pulled it recently.. never hurts to ask

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Love the Daffodil -- preferred colors:  sky blue and green

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Patrizia said:
Red

three graces is discontinued due to lack of sales BUT if you email them they may still do it for you since they just pulled it recently.. never hurts to ask
Gone from Kindle, or gone? Because it is still on their site as a journal. Which I'm also thinking of.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Patrizia said:
sorry.. old buttons are gone forever. .but I hear you, I love them too!
Glad I got a Red River Garden from Luvmy4brats last week. It should be here any day!

I dunno, the new buttons may be a deal breaker for me getting any new ones. I do LOVE the Peacock though!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whats ironic is the reason they replaced the buttons is so many people complained about them.. lol

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Oooh bad Patrizia!!!  If they did Da Vinci in Wine, I would have to break down and buy it. Actually Da Vinci in any color would be wonderful. :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
My choices would be:

Triskellion Knot in Sky Blue
Ying Yang Dragon in Sky Blue
Davinci in Black

I'm still waiting for a space themed cover to buy one for my K2, though I may cave before then, LOL!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yeah, I may not get one with the new buttons either.  I really think they take away from the overall look. It is a shame, I don't see why they can't give a choice, unless they got rid of the other machine. But there are several I like the leather work on, but wouldn't spend the $$ because the buttons make them look, for lack of a better word trendy. And, since my journal has lasted at lease 15 years, trendy is not the look  I'm after.

·
Registered
140 Posts
DaVinci hands down.  We need a simple design- there's nothing else like this!  I'd love it is Saddle and black.  Beautiful!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts