Kindle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I have not opted for this idea simply due to the weight issues.  If you use the Amazon cover intact, it's over 6 ounces by itself.  The Oberon K2 covers range from 8.5-9.6 ounces (presumably the variation is from the thickness of the leather hide used).  My Kindle + Oberon is over 20 ounces; add another 6 to that & you'll see that it becomes a rather hefty combination for a person with dexterity issues.  On a really good day, I can hold it easily, on an average to bad day I end up reading the Kindle outside the cover.

For persepective, I weighed an average hardcover recently and it came in at 17 ounces.

One other thing to note--The Kindle cover has additional space on the left side between the edge of the cover & the edge of the Kindle.  Based on pictures I've seen, using the journal, there's extra space on both sides, but more on the right.  This may be an issue if you're limited in which hand you can use, and by how much dexterity you have.

Because this is a very personal issue, you probably need to do some research before deciding.  Try the "search" function at the top of the page and type in both Oberon & Amazon, then search the accessories board only.  You'll come up with a ton of posts around this, it's been debated a number of times.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts