Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the Oberon board, and they now have a new "Home" page for the Kindle sections. Included in said homepage is a new idea of how to use the Amazon hinged covers WITH an Oberon cover...it looks pretty snappy, if you're one that insists on having the hinged cover.

http://www.oberondesign.com/store/kindle.php

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Wow, 54 design choices!  The K2 owners that want the the hinge and Oberon cover will never be able to make up their minds.  LOL

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
And the KK owners thought we had a hard time!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Seamonkey, you are right, I didn't go through all of the designs but some of them have 9 color choices!  I can't even imagine what those K2 owners will do to this board trying to decide their cover choice.  Ha Ha Ha

This ought to be fun.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
The mods better start stocking smelling salts!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
And a difibulator!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
ROTFLMAO  ;D  ;D It is funny, the majority just received covers we've waited on for a month or longer and now we have this. It is a never ending vicious cycle.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
You know they found out about that here, don't you? I am sure there was someone posting pictures of doing that very thing....

L

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
libro said:
Witchirsh -- Thanks for the Oberon news and link. I haven't visited their page in a couple weeks.
Quite welcome! I was actually trying to see if my new cover had shipped yet and discovered that. It's a good thing I already ordered, or it would take me another 6 months just to figure out what else I might want!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
witchirsh said:
Quite welcome! I was actually trying to see if my new cover had shipped yet and discovered that. It's a good thing I already ordered, or it would take me another 6 months just to figure out what else I might want!
LOL... same here, what a relief! :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have to try it because I have an Amazon regular cover for my K2 and I ordered the red River Garden K2 cover and had to have the red Sun but did not want another K2 cover, so I ordered a large red Sun journal! ;D  Both were shipped on Thursday.  To tell you the truth, I did not know what I was going to do with the journal since I've never kept a journal in my life and don't want to start now. :-\

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Lilly said:
I have to try it because I have an Amazon regular cover for my K2 and I ordered the red River Garden K2 cover and had to have the red Sun but did not want another K2 cover, so I ordered a large red Sun journal! ;D Both were shipped on Thursday. too tell you the truth, I did not know what I was going to do with the journal since I've never kept a journal in my life and don't want to start now. :-\
That is perfect timing. I still have my Amazon cover and have been drooling over the red Sun. I have to save some $$ though. I received my K 2 Tree of Life and red River Garden. You will love it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ok, so what they're saying is that the Amazon cover (not particularly paper thin) will fit fine in their journal cover. Ok, fine, but you're left with a HUGE cover for $105+. Ummm, no thanks.
Hey Oberon, how about you just offer a hinge choice like other manufacturers have already? :(
I liked my Oberon with my K1, but there are enough things about the Oberon's that just rub me the wrong way when faced with buying a second one for my K2. I received an M-Edge prodigy today and so far I think it will work out extremely well [for a lot less] and the way its held (in all the m-edge's for all that matter) is blows the Oberon away with its large corners and cheap piece of elastic cord.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Lilly said:
I have to try it because I have an Amazon regular cover for my K2 and I ordered the red River Garden K2 cover and had to have the red Sun but did not want another K2 cover, so I ordered a large red Sun journal! ;D Both were shipped on Thursday. To tell you the truth, I did not know what I was going to do with the journal since I've never kept a journal in my life and don't want to start now. :-\
You sound like me, but I actually held off on ordering a journal cover for that very reason (although I thought about it!!).

L

·
Registered
180 Posts
Leslie said:
You sound like me, but I actually held off on ordering a journal cover for that very reason (although I thought about it!!).

L
Leslie, I have no self control. You remember how much I wanted that red Sun and then Oberon HAD to offer the red RG and through me into a confusion.
Leslie said:

L
At least you had self control but I in the other hand ordered a journal knowing full well I have no used for one! Thank you Oberon for justifying my purchase so now I can rub this in my DH face who had the nerve to call me wasteful when I told him about my purchases. I will let him know that it was my intention to use it for this purpose from the very beginning and that he owe me an apology!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts