Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find the ads on this site obnoxious, even logged in? The top third of the page is nothing but generic, ugly ads. Seems almost hypocritical that we are forced to answer THREE questions to prove we aren’t spammers and be able to post. I was on this site years ago, it was wonderful. Sad to see how downhill its gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
I don't recall seeing any ads on this site.  I do use Adblock and that's never been an issue here.  I also have never been asked any questions in order to post.  Well, maybe the first time I posted I was but, if so, I don't recall it.

Barry
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,245 Posts
She's talking about ads on this site. If you're not signed in they are more obnoxious, I'm told. It's been ages but I think the questions were designed to keep spammers from bothering to register. They should not appear for those who are registered members, but that's not something any of us moderators have any control over or access to.

BTW ... going to move this to the forum for board problems as that's the only section the owners really monitor -- they're more likely to see it there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
This site is not a non-profit. It's either adds or a subscription fee. I can put up with the adds. I would not pay a subscription fee.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
PlantLady, in regards to the verification questions... I agree with LDB that it may have to do with number of posts. When I first joined, two months ago, I got those questions every time I posted. I don't recall exactly when it stopped, but I think it was by my tenth post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ann in Arlington said:
She's talking about ads on this site. If you're not signed in they are more obnoxious, I'm told. It's been ages but I think the questions were designed to keep spammers from bothering to register. They should not appear for those who are registered members, but that's not something any of us moderators have any control over or access to.

BTW ... going to move this to the forum for board problems as that's the only section the owners really monitor -- they're more likely to see it there.
I posted here a couple of weeks ago and was ignored, that's why I posted in the other section, and if you actually look at my screenshot you'll see I am logged in and still I get those ugly, obnoxious and totally irrelevant ads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LDB said:
I've never seen those. Which Kindle do you have? Those make me wonder if maybe you're using a Fire? Or Kindle app on a tablet/pc?
As I said in my post I'm on an iPad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CaptnAndy said:
This site is not a non-profit. It's either adds or a subscription fee. I can put up with the adds. I would not pay a subscription fee.
This site ran for many years without the need for huge, obnoxious ads. Apparently that changed and it's sad. They make the site look bad, really bad.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,245 Posts
PlantLady said:
I posted here a couple of weeks ago and was ignored, that's why I posted in the other section, and if you actually look at my screenshot you'll see I am logged in and still I get those ugly, obnoxious and totally irrelevant ads.
I noticed your post here when I moved this one .... I'm sorry no one has responded. Ownership did change just about a year ago, and the moderator team no longer has any real ability to address these sorts of issues. Only the administrator can. This thread has been reported to ownership/admin in the hope they'll respond.

I'm sorry you're having trouble.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top