Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I live in Dayton Ohio.  About an hour from Columbus.  My kindle has been from Whitestown Indiana to Columbus today.  I could have driven to get it quicker than UPS is delivering. Arg.

My question is... I paid for next day.  It shipped today and is still showing an est arrival of Wed.  And it's been sitting as checked in at Columbus since 7pm.  I'm so worried I won't get it tomorrow.. and if not, can I complain to Amazon about the cost of next day (if) when it ends up being two days?

I don't even care about the cost (so much).. I really just want to whine about having to wait another day.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, I feel your pain.  My K2 "left" Whitestown, IN, at 5:00 this a.m., but didn't get dropped off to UPS until midnight - almost 20 hours later.  Talk about frustrating!

Although I ordered in January, paid for overnight shipping, and am a current K1 owner, I'm certainly not going to be among the first to receive a K2.  No way it'll get to California by tomorrow.  I'm sure I'll get it Wednesday, which is the day they promised, so I really have no problem.  But yes, I feel your pain.  And I'd be wishing I could just drive down to Columbus and get it! 

Looking forward to the excitement when the first K2's arrive tomorrow!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Avalon,

But if we paid for overnight (next day) does it really matter they shipped a day early?  I still paid for next day, so regardless of when they shipped I should (and you too) get it the next day... shouldn't we?  For me, only a difference of $7, but that buys my kids McDonalds.... so, really, I think I'll complain if it doesn't come until the 25th.  (oh I'm feeling grouchy thinking it won't come when tomorrow, well, today, now I guess.)

·
Registered
211 Posts
My K didn't get to KY until 12:55am on 12/24, but it's still expected to deliver on 2/24. Here's what's happening with my package:

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 02/24/2009.

Type: Package
Your shipment is moving within the UPS network and should be delivered on the Scheduled Delivery Date. A shipment can remain in this status until it is delivered. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window.

What should I do if I'm expecting a delivery?
This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. For residential deliveries that require a signature, you can leave instructions for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that it be delivered to a neighbor who will be home. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion.

In Transit - On Time
Scheduled Delivery: 02/24/2009
Shipped To: COSTA MESA, CA, US
Shipped/Billed On: 02/23/2009
Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight: 2.00 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 02/24/2009 12:55 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 02/23/2009 9:04 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I'm hoping this is the case for all of us who got the shipped notice.

·
Registered
921 Posts
madaise said:
Ok.. I live in Dayton Ohio. About an hour from Columbus. My kindle has been from Whitestown Indiana to Columbus today. I could have driven to get it quicker than UPS is delivering. Arg.

My question is... I paid for next day. It shipped today and is still showing an est arrival of Wed. And it's been sitting as checked in at Columbus since 7pm. I'm so worried I won't get it tomorrow.. and if not, can I complain to Amazon about the cost of next day (if) when it ends up being two days?

I don't even care about the cost (so much).. I really just want to whine about having to wait another day.
Go to the tracking page on UPS site. It gives a better delivery time than the one on the Amazon site, at least mine did. Try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
377 Posts
UPS can do amazing things - it is their business to delivery packages, after all!
Mine was in KY thirty minutes ago, but is scheduled to be delivered to me in TX today:

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 02/24/2009.

Tracking Number: 1Z A41 W19 13 3799 028 9
Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 02/24/2009
Shipped To: AUSTIN, TX, US
Shipped/Billed On: 02/23/2009
Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight: 2.00 Lbs

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 02/24/2009 6:31 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/24/2009 12:38 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 02/23/2009 10:21 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
FedEx is pretty fast!  I was (no, am) one of those who has been obsessively refreshing the amazon shipping info.  F5 is beginning to read F"U"!  I'm sure it's pretty tired of my finger constantly pressing its head all the time. 

Anyway, if this helps, I live in the Bay Area, and my order is set for delivery today.  I was surprised!  If you ordered next-day delivery, and are an Amazon Prime member, the chances of you getting it today are greater.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  I seriously hope you get it today.
On Schedule.

The only advantage that I have is that the FedEx package drop-off center is across the street from me.  However, that can work against me too, I guess.

Initiated Picked up In transit Delivered
Departed FedEx location
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
  Shipment Dates
Ship date    Feb 23, 2009
Estimated delivery    Feb 24, 2009 by 3:00 PM
Destination

Shipment Facts Help
Service type Standard Overnight
Weight 2.0 lbs/0.9 kg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts