Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those on here that have actually been successful at it, how do you go about getting interviews on blogs, pod-casts, radio (terrestrial and online) to help promote your next book?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Jeff, just visit as many book blogs as you can find (and there are lots out there!), check out their submission requirements and drop them a line. Just grind work really, and many may not be accepting submissions right now, or are for specific genres, etc. But that's the only method I know of.

However, that's seeking reviews with potential interviews. If you're not offering up a current book for readers to discover and the blog to review, you'll probably be narrowing your options quite a bit.

You also might get some people here who have blogs and would be interested in doing an interview with you. So keep pinging this thread upwards every once in a while  :)

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
I don't think I've ever looked for places to get interviews, usually people just email or PM me and ask if they can interview me. To be honest, I'm looking to do less interviews these days and more book features. A simple book feature still get's exposure but takes less time to participate in. I'm not so much being lazy as trying to prioritize better and take into account the amount of writing time I'd be giving up in proportion to the size of the audience I'd be likely to reach.

To get features (or interviews), I'd check out the more popular book blogs and also keep an eye on the Writer's Cafe. Different people are often posting free promo opportunities here. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen some postings of interview opportunities just in the last page or two here. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts