Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my name is Lee Burton, and I pay the bills by operating Ocean's Edge Editing.

I know what it's like to read a piece fifty times and still miss piddly details like double words or spellcheck pass-overs, to desperately need a second person to look over your work who has an eye for function, flow, and style, not to mention a patient and discerning mind.

I firmly believe that the only real kindness to an author is honesty. For every book I edit, I also act as an informed beta-reader.

My Services:
  • Line editing + Substantive editing
  • Proofreading
  • Beta Reading

My rates:
  • $0.01 (CAD) a word

Please feel free to browse my Client Libraries: 2019 Clients
Or to drop me a line at [email protected]. Friendly inquiries are encouraged.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lee

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rae Scott said:
Thank you for posting! I am working on my first book now and was wondering about editing and such.. I will definitely keep you in mind!
That's always nice to hear, Rae. Feel free to get in touch anytime if you have any questions about schedule or just process.

By then I'll also hopefully have my new, prettier site up and running.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
LS--

Welcome to KBoards! [br][br]You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Café, but we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to. And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks![br][br]Also, active members (10 or more posts on our forum, active in the last 60 days) may have a listing in the Yellow Pages for Authors. [br][br]Betsy [br]KBoards Moderator

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
LS--

Welcome to KBoards! [br][br]You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Café, but we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to. And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks![br][br]Also, active members (10 or more posts on our forum, active in the last 60 days) may have a listing in the Yellow Pages for Authors. [br][br]Betsy [br]KBoards Moderator
Thanks for the heads up. I admit I was a little trepidatious about making a promotion thread, even when instructed to do so by a moderator. I'm always wary of coming across as being forward if the input is not solicited.

Thus far I'm enjoying my time on Kindleboards, and I'll be a daily contributor to the Writer's Cafe and any discussion about SF or literary books.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ocean's Edge is currently accepting new clients.

I don't advertise very often. I try to maintain a steady flow of returning clients with whom I mesh with well. That way there's usually not much of a wait time for new pieces, and everybody is happier.

If you're in the market for an editor, I'm always happy to receive samples. Friendly inquiries are always encouraged. Feel free to check out my page: http://www.oceansedgeediting.com/ and have a look at my client lists. Or drop me a line: [email protected]

Best Regards,

Lee

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good morning, it's that time again. Ocean's Edge Editing is looking to take on new clients. I'm going to be bold and say that I would love to work on some Sci-Fi. It's been forever since I've edited any sweeping space operas, evil invasions, or dire dystopias. But, of course, as you can see from my client list -- which I've sadly neglected to update this year so far -- I've worked with authors from every part of the bookshelf and I am happy to dig into books from all genres.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at literary or narrative non-fiction, as it's very structurally similar to fiction, but I am moving away from editing non-fiction. Fiction is my forte, and there are many wonderful editors out there who would have keener insights for your non-fiction work.

I do two passes over every piece, and include a write-up with every return. If I feel there's something that's not quite working with your piece, I don't just work to code; I'm going to make suggestions where I feel it might be useful.

Feel free to drop me a sample. Banner is a link to my site. Friendly inquires are always encouraged.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there. Ocean's Edge is looking to take on some new clients again. I've been doing this for nearly ten years now, and in that time I've edited more than 400 pieces. I mainly focus on fiction now, as that's my forte, but some narrative non-fiction is usually fun. I have availability in late July and mid-August and September and beyond.

Friendly inquires are always encouraged. Simply click on the banner in my signature to check out my page. And if you wanted to turn a blind eye to the fact that I'm desperately in need of updating my client libraries for the past couple of years, that'd be awfully kind of you.

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts